A market survey is being conducted to determine if there are a reasonable number of interested small business concerns to set this future project aside for them. If your firm is a Small Business, certified HUBZone, 8A, Woman-Owned Small Business or Service Disabled Veteran Owned Business and you are interested in this project please respond appropriately.
The proposed project is to construct a construct a two-story, 10,900 SF addition to an existing secure building. The addition will be constructed of a steel frame structure with a built-up roof, masonry exterior walls, building finishes and egress pathways. The addition will consist of secure team rooms, conference rooms, bathrooms, an electrical room and a mechanical room. Existing utilities will be relocated, and new utility services will be installed to service the addition.
The new addition will connect to an existing structure and utilize existing heating plant and electrical service. The entire addition will be constructed to meet secure requirements in accordance with ICS/ICD 705. Each Team Room and the large Conference Room will be constructed as separate and independently secure
Contract duration is estimated at 450 calendar days. The estimated cost range is between $5,000,000 and $10,000,000. NAICS code is 236220. All interested Small Businesses, certified HUBZONE, 8A, Woman-Owned Small Businesses or Service-Disabled Veteran Owned Business contractors should respond to this survey by email 11 January 2021 by 2:00 PM Eastern Standard Time.
Responses should include:
1. Identification and verification of the company’s small business status.
2. Contractor’s Unique Entity Identifier(s) (formerly DUNS Number) and CAGE Code(s).
3. Documentation from the firm’s bonding company showing current single and aggregate performance and payment bond limits.
4. Descriptions of Experience – Interested construction firms must provide descriptions of up to (3) three projects with greater than 95% completion by you as the prime contractor within the past five (5) years which are similar to this project in size and scope. Each project must include the name, title, project role, e-mail address, and telephone number of at least one reference. References may be used to verify project size, scope, dollar value, percentages and quality of performance. Example projects must be of similar size and scope.
a. Projects similar in scope to this project include:
This project includes but are not limited to new construction of two-story, ICD-705 compliant office building facilities, to include multiple separate secure areas, and all associated utility service connections.
b. Projects similar in size to this project include:
Multi-use building(s) to include administrative, conference/training rooms, mechanical and server rooms having a combined square footage of at least 6,000 SF.
c. Based on the information above, for each project submitted, include:
a. Current percentage of construction complete and the date when it was or will be completed.
b. Scope of the project.
c. Size of the project.
d. The portion and percentage of the project that was self-performed.
5. Small Businesses are reminded under FAR 52.219-14, Limitations on Subcontracting; they must perform at least 15% of the cost of the contract, not including the cost of materials, with the firm’s own employees for general construction-type procurement. Include the percentage of work that will be self-performed on this project, and how it will be accomplished.
NOTE: Total submittal package shall be no longer than 8 pages. Please only include a narrative of the requested information; additional information will not be reviewed.
Interested Offerors shall respond to this Sources Sought Synopsis no later than 11 January 2021 by 02:00 PM Eastern time. ALL RESPONSES MUST BE EMAILED to Robert Glenn, Contract Specialist, at: Robert.Glenn2@usace.army.mil. This Sources Sought Synopsis is not to be construed as a commitment by the Government, nor will the Government pay for the information solicited. This is NOT a Request for Proposal. Responses to this sources sought notice will be used by the Government to make appropriate acquisition decisions. All interested sources must respond to future solicitation announcements separately from responses to this market survey.