A market survey is being conducted in order to make acquisition decisions about this future project and to determine if there are a reasonable number of interested small business concerns to set this future project aside for them. If your firm is a Small Business, certified HUBZone, 8(a), Woman-Owned Small Business, or Service-Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business and you are interested in this project, please respond appropriately.
The proposed project is a Design/Build for a Full Facility Restoration (FFR) project of Barracks Building 5503 located at Joint Base / McGuire-Dix-Lakehurst, New Jersey. The barracks is located on Alabama Avenue between Texas Avenue and Tennessee Avenue, approximately 1.4 acres in size. The facility is approximately 39,770 square feet and was constructed in 1955. The site includes an existing asphalt Privately Owned Vehicle Parking (POV) and access road in average condition.
The project will modernize one existing concrete framed and CMU walled barracks. External improvements will include roof replacements, and the replacement of all windows. The modernization will entail a renovation of a 2+0 configuration based on existing conditions. When necessary to construct to the desired configuration, non-load bearing and/or load bearing walls may be moved. A new elevator will be constructed and installed as part of the project. The project will also include audio/ video updates to the existing auditorium space.
The bathrooms will be completely upgraded with new bathroom fixtures, piping, showers and toilet facilities. The existing HVAC system will be replaced with appropriate system for individual room control. The existing electrical system will be upgraded to allow the facility to handle computers in rooms and prevent spikes and brownouts. Lighting will be improved. The interior renovations will include improved interior finishes such as drop ceilings, wall-coverings, tile and carpeting. Telecommunications work will supply one phone line, one cable television connection and one network connection to each bedroom. An appropriate number of phone lines, cable television connections and network connections will be supplied to the common areas. Life Safety upgrades will provide the appropriate alarm/suppression systems to protect and alert personnel.
The modernized facilities will meet all applicable life safety standards. In general, the modernized facilities will have new utility systems including plumbing, HVAC, fire protection sprinklers/alarms, lighting, energy management and controls, public address, security, and information systems. Abatement procedures will be employed if asbestos or other hazardous material is encountered during the project.
Contract duration is estimated at 730 calendar days. The estimated cost range is $10,000,000.00 and $25,000,000.00. NAICS code is 236220. All interested Small Businesses, certified HUBZone, 8(a), Woman-Owned Small Businesses, or Service-Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business contractors should respond to this survey by email no later than Tuesday 20 April 2021 at 10:00 AM Eastern Standard Time.
Responses should include:
1. Identification and verification of the company’s small business status.
2. Contractor’s Unique Identifier Number and CAGE Code(s).
3. Documentation from the firm’s bonding company showing current single and aggregate performance and payment bond limits.
4. Descriptions of Experience –Interested construction firms must provide no more than three (3) Design/Build projects with either greater than 90 percent completion or projects completed in the past seven (7) years where the interested firm served as the prime contractor. Provide documentation demonstrating experience for construction of similar type buildings and managing multiple sub-contractors. Demonstrate experience including self-performing 15% of the construction. Provide documentation demonstrating experience for projects of similar type projects. Each project must include the name, title, project role, e-mail address, and telephone number of at least one reference. References may be used to verify project size, scope, dollar value, percentages and quality of performance.
- Projects similar in scope to this project include:
Complete renovation of buildings similar to Military Barracks, Dormitories, Hotels, or office / administrative facilities. Projects may also include new construction; however, project scope shall be at least 50% complete building renovation, measured in square footage. If replying with projects that are combined new and renovation construction, clearly delineate (based on square feet) the renovation versus new construction portion and percent (%) of the project.
- Projects similar in size to this project include:
Projects of at least 28,000 square feet or greater will be considered similar in size.
c. Based on the information above, for each project submitted, include:
- Current percentage of construction complete and the date when it was or will be completed.
- Scope of the project.
- Size of the project.
- The dollar value of the construction contract and whether it was design-build.
- The percentage of work that was self-performed as project and/or construction management services or physical construction type work. Must be at least 15% self-performed.
- Identify the number of subcontractors by construction trade utilized for each project.
5. Small Businesses are reminded under FAR 52.219-14, Limitations on Subcontracting (DEVIATION 2019-O0003); they must perform at least 15% of the cost of the contract, not including the cost of materials, with the firm’s own employees for general construction-type procurement.
NOTE: Total submittal package shall be no longer than 8 pages. Please only include a narrative of the requested information; additional information will not be reviewed.
Email responses to Esther.Kim@usace.army.mil. This is NOT a Request for Proposal and does not constitute any commitment by the Government. Responses to this sources sought notice will be used by the Government to make appropriate acquisition decisions. All interested sources must respond to future solicitation announcements separately from responses to this market survey.
NOTICE: The following information is provided for situational awareness and is not required to respond to this Sources Sought.
All contractors must be registered in the System for Award Management (www.Beta.SAM.gov) prior to award of a contract. All proposed contractors are highly encouraged to review FAR Clause 52.232-33 Payments by Electronic Funds Transfer – System for Award Management, which indicates “All payments by the Government under this contract shall be made by electronic funds transfer (EFT).” Those not currently registered can obtain registration by going to the website http://www.Beta.SAM.gov. The process can usually be completed from 24 to 48 hours after submission. Contractors will need to obtain a Unique Entity Identifier (formerly DUNS number) for processing their registration. If you do not already have a Unique Entity Identifier, one can be obtained from http://www.Beta.SAM.gov. Refer to www.Beta.SAM.gov for information formerly found in CCR, EPLS, ORCA and FedReg.
ALERT: You must submit a notarized letter appointing the authorized Entity Administrator before your registration will be activated. This requirement now applies to both new and existing entities. Effective 29 April 2018, the notarized letter process is now mandatory on all CURRENT registrants at SAM who have a requirement to update data on their SAM record. The notarized letter is mandatory and is required before the GSA Federal Service Desk (FSD) will activate the entity's registration.
Effective 29 June 2018, vendors creating or updating their registration can have their registration activated prior to the approval of the required notarized letter. However, the signed copy of the notarized letter must be sent to the GSA Federal Service Desk (FSD) within 30 days of activation or the vendor risks no longer being active in SAM.
Vendors can check whether an account is active by performing a query by their CAGE or Unique Entity Identifier (known as DUNS). The new registration process may now take several weeks, so vendors are highly encouraged to begin registering as soon as possible to avoid any possible delays in future contract awards. Remember, there is no cost to use SAM.
To find out additional information about the changes of the SAM registration process, contractors should visit the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) link located at the top of the SAM homepage (www.Beta.SAM.gov).