SOURCES SOUGHT SYNOPSIS
Statewide Food/Subsistence Supply
The Alabama Army National Guard (ALARNG) is issuing this sources sought synopsis as a means of conducting market research to identify parties having an interest in and the resources to support this requirement for a Statewide Food Supply Contract. The ALARNG seeks to confirm the requirements of this service through industry’s response to this Sources Sought. The anticipated North American Industry Classification System (NAICS) code assigned to this procurement is 311991 Perishable Prepared Food Manufacturing with the corresponding size standard of 500 employees. The Government will entertain other NAICS Codes.
The ALARNG would like to establish a statewide food/subsistence contract. The resulting contract will be utilized by ALARNG units throughout the state. The contractor shall provide all personnel, labor, transportation, manifesting, and packaging of unprepared subsistence items and deliver food items as contained in the menu (menu will be included in the PWS when the RFP is posted). The contractor shall provide the following categories of items:
- Fresh and frozen fruits and vegetables
- Fresh and frozen dairy products
- Fresh and frozen bread
- Fresh and frozen meat
- Fresh, frozen and pre-packaged desserts
- Canned vegetables, fruits, sauces and gravies
- Seasoning, spices and condiments
- Beverages (non-alcoholic)
This is a new requirement.
Delivery is required to Alabama National Guard training facilities located throughout the state of Alabama at approximately 21 locations (locations and addresses will be included in the PWS when the RFP is posted). On a case by case basis and with advanced notice, ration deliveries may also be required at:
1.) ALARNG Training Site, Ft. McClellan, Alabama,
2.) ALARNG Training Site, Eglin AFB, Crestview, Florida,
3.) Camp Shelby, Hattiesburg, MS,
4.) Additional training locations located within the vendor’s delivery area.
5.) Multiple armories throughout the State of Alabama.
THERE IS NO SOLICITATION AT THIS TIME. This request for capability information does not constitute a request for proposals; submission of any information in response to this market survey is purely voluntary; the government assumes no financial responsibility for any costs incurred.
If your organization has the potential capacity to perform these contract services, please provide the following information:
- Organization name, address, email address, Web site address, telephone number, and size and type of ownership (small business, HUBZone, Large etc.) for the organization.
- Provide a tailored capability statement that addresses the particulars of this effort, with appropriate documentation supporting claims of organizational and staff capability. If significant subcontracting or teaming is anticipated in order to deliver technical capability, organizations should address the administrative and management structure of such arrangements.
The government will evaluate market information to ascertain potential market capacity to:
- Provide services consistent in scope and scale with those described in this notice and otherwise anticipated.
2. Secure and apply the full range of corporate financial, human capital, and technical resources required to successfully perform similar requirements.
3. Implement a successful project management plan that includes: compliance with tight program schedules; cost containment; meeting and tracking performance; hiring and retention of key personnel and risk mitigation.
4. Provide services under a performance based service acquisition contract.
Based on the responses to this Sources Sought Notice/Market Research, this requirement shall be set-aside for a small business or other small socioeconomic programs for small businesses. If it is determined that responses from small businesses do not address all of the requirements stated above, the final acquisition may be competed on a full and open basis.
The Government would like to receive feedback from all interested businesses.
Telephone inquiries will not be accepted or acknowledged, and no feedback or evaluations will be provided to companies regarding their submissions.
Submission Instructions: Interested parties who consider themselves qualified to perform the above-listed services are invited to submit a response to this Sources Sought Notice by April 12, 2021 NLT 6:00 pm CDT. All responses under this Sources Sought Notice shall be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Any questions concerning this opportunity please contact: Tyson Wills at email@example.com or 334-450-0463.