COUGAR PENSTOCK BUTTERFLY VALVE REPLACEMENT
U.S. ARMY CORPS OF ENGINEERS, PORTLAND DISTRICT
ISSUED: 18 DECEMBER 2020
RESPONSES DUE: 8 JANUARY 2021 at 2:00 pm
THIS IS A SOURCES SOUGHT ANNOUNCEMENT ONLY. This notice does not constitute a commitment by the Government. All information submitted in response to this announcement is voluntary, and the Government will not pay for information requested nor will it compensate any respondent for any cost incurred in developing information provided to the Government.
The proposed NAICS code for this procurement is 237990, Other Heavy and Civil Engineering Construction
The size standard: $36.5 million
Federal Service Code: Z2KA, Repair or Alteration of Dams
The U. S. Army Corps of Engineers (USACE), Portland District, requires a contractor to design, manufacture, test, and install two new 90-inch diameter penstock butterfly valves to replace the existing equipment currently installed at Cougar Powerhouse; design and manufacture a new hydraulic power unit to replace the existing which is used to actuate the aforementioned butterfly valves; replace the penstock fill and drain valves, new electrical control panels; related controls; new wiring for power, protection, controls, annunciation, and ancillaries.
Cougar Penstock Butterfly Valve Replacement will include to the following items:
- Furnish and install New 90-inch diameter Penstock Butterfly Valve that is hydraulically operated with a mechanical means to manually override the hydraulic operator, inclusive of refurbishing the existing penstock dresser coupling and penstock extension that joins the dresser coupling to the butterfly valve.
- Furnish and install New Hydraulic Power Unit, hydraulic accumulators, and hydraulic reservoir, complete with wiring, controls, conduit, secondary containment, oil conditioner, and heaters.
- Furnish and install New electro-mechanical valves, two 6-inch and one 8-inch diameter. Furnish and install manually operated valves, two 8-inch and two 3-inch diameter. On-site fabrication of associated piping necessary. Furnish and install of associated flanges and pipe couplings necessary.
- Electrical installation at powerhouse.
- Furnish wiring diagram and panel design. Fabrication of control panels required.
- 480VAC Industrial Pump Motor Installation.
- Electrical installation pf 480VAC power cable and conduit. Installation of industrial control wiring.
The anticipated magnitude for this project will be between $5,000,000 and $10,000,000.
NO AWARD WILL MADE FROM THIS INITIAL NOTICE. THIS IS NOT AN INVITATION FOR BIDS OR REQUEST FOR PROPOSALS.
Submission Instructions: Please send responses with the subject heading “Cougar Penstock Butterfly Valve Replacement” to Cory Pfenning, email address: email@example.com
CAPABILITY STATEMENT TO SHOW INTEREST AND INTENT:
Respondents interested in performing the proposed project as a prime contractor should submit a capability statement for consideration that include the following: (In A through F).
A. Offerors' name, address, points of contact with telephone numbers and e-mail addresses.
B. DUNS number and CAGE code.
C. Firm's small business category and Business Size: Small Business (SB), Small Disadvantaged (SDB), including 8(a) firms, Historically Underutilized Business Zones (HUBZone), Women-Owned Small Business (WOSB), including Economically Disadvantaged Women-Owned Small Business (EDWOSB), and Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small business (SDVOSB).
D. A Statement of Capability (SOC) stating your skills, experience, and knowledge required to perform the specified type of work as described above. This SOC should be a brief description of your company's capabilities. The potential bidders should provide the magnitude and brief references of relevant work they have performed. Include a statement detailing any special qualifications and certifications, applicable to the scope of this project, held by your firm and/or in-house personnel. including the following;
- Experience related to demolition and installation of major operating equipment located within a hydroelectric powerhouse.
- Experience in coordination of multiple major features necessitating simultaneous installation, similar to that required by this project.
- Experience working in powerhouses.
E. Indicate whether your company will perform the work directly or intends to subcontract the work. If subcontracting, identify the percentage of work to be subcontracted. Identify the percentage of work your firm may be capable of directly performing.
F. Any other information that would assist in determining your company's capability in performing the described construction work.
Responses to the Sources Sought will not be returned. Responders are solely responsible for all expenses associated with responding to this Sources Sought. USACE Portland District will not pay for information received in response to this Sources Sought.
Do not submit pricing information in response to this Sources Sought.
All responses must be submitted in either Microsoft Word or Adobe Portable Document Format by no later than 2:00 pm Pacific Time on Friday, 8 January 2021. Do not include proprietary information in your response.
The Government reserves the right to use information provided by respondents for any purpose deemed necessary and legally appropriate.
Point of Contact for small business questions or assistance is the Portland District Deputy for Small Business, Carol McIntyre at 503-808-4602 or Carol.A.Mcintyre@usace.army.mil.