EXTEND RUNWAY 16/34 AND CONSTRUCT TWO SUPPORTING TAXIWAYS, JBER, ALASKA (JBE054)
THIS IS A SOURCES SOUGHT ANNOUNCEMENT ONLY. The US Army Engineer District, Alaska is conducting market research to facilitate a determination of acquisition strategy for an FY22 Design Bid Build Construction Project. The determination of acquisition strategy for this acquisition lies solely with the government and will be based on this market research and information available to the government from other sources. The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, Alaska District, is conducting this market research to identify businesses which have the capability to perform the following work:
The selected contractor is required to have sufficient staff, flexibility, and capability to be available on an as-needed basis. Interested firms must be able to provide all management, tools, supplies, parts, materials, equipment, transportation, and trained labor necessary to extend Runway 16/34 to support an increase in safety and operational capabilities and accommodate the FAA's increased opposite direction operations restrictions at JBER. The project will require significant earth movement, both cutting and filling, to extend the runway and comply with guiding UFC 3-260-01 criteria. The runway extension requires the construction of two supporting taxiways, shoulders, overrun, an EOR/arm disarm pad, rerouting Airlifter Drive and updating additional airfield lighting per UFC 3-353-01. The estimated dollar magnitude of this project is anticipated between $200,000,000 and $300,000,000. The performance period will be approximately 1095 calendar days. This project is scheduled to be incrementally funded between FY22, FY23 and FY24.
THIS IS A SOURCES SOUGHT NOTICE AND NOT A REQUEST FOR PROPOSAL.
The applicable North American Industry Classification System (NAICS) code is 237310. The small business size standard for this NAICS Code is $39.5 Million. THIS IS A SOURCES SOUGHT FOR QUALIFIED PRIME CONTRACTOR FIRMS ONLY. All interested firms are encouraged to respond to this announcement no later than 29 January 2021, 2:00 PM AKST, by submitting all requested documentation listed below to: US Army Corps of Engineers, Alaska District, ATTN: CEPOA-CT (Afrank), PO Box 6898, JBER, AK 99506-0898 or via email to Theresa.email@example.com.
Interested firms should submit a capabilities package (not exceeding 5 pages) demonstrating the ability to perform work listed above. Packages should include the following information:
(1) Business name, address, CAGE Code or DUNS number, and business size under NAICS 237310.
(2) If a small business, identify small business type (HUBZone, SDVOSB, 8(a), Woman Owned Small Business, etc.).
(3) Demonstration of the firm's experience as a prime contractor on projects of similar size, type and complexity within the past five (5) years. List actual projects completed and include project title and location, a brief description of the project to include dollar amount of the project and work that was self-performed.
(4) Provide firm’s single project and aggregate bonding capacity and information on the organizational and financial resources available to perform the required work.
(5) Provide information on any teaming arrangement that may be formed for performance of this project.
(6) Indicate firm’s intent to submit a proposal on the subject acquisition when advertised.
Responsible sources demonstrating relevant experience and the capabilities to perform the work will be considered qualified for purposes of determining the Government’s acquisition strategy. System for Award Management (SAM), as required by FAR 4.1102 and 4.1201, will apply to this procurement. Prospective contractors must be registered prior to award. Lack of registration in the SAM database will make an offeror ineligible for award. Information on SAM registration can be obtained via the Internet at https://sam.gov/SAM/.