THIS IS A SOURCES SOUGHT NOTICE ONLY FOR ELECTRICAL AND MECHANICAL SYSTEMS MAINTENANCE AND REPAIR SERVICES AT THE CHENA RIVER LAKES FLOOD CONTROL PROJECT NEAR NORTH POLE, ALASKA. OFFERS OR PROPOSALS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED. THIS IS NOT A PRESOLICIATION. THE U.S. ARMY CORPS OF ENGINEERS, ALASKA DISTRICT IS CONDUCTING MARKET RESEARCH PRIOR TO RELEASING A SOLICITATION.
PROJECT DESCRIPTION: The Chena River Lakes Flood Control Project requires inspection, maintenance, repair and minor new work related to the Project’s electrical and mechanical systems on a scheduled and emergency basis. The Chena River Flood Control Project is located approximately 18 miles east of Fairbanks, Alaska, near the community of North Pole.
Electrical and mechanical maintenance and repair work under this contract may include interior and exterior work performed at the project office, at other structures within the Chena project compound, at the Moose Creek Dam Control Works facility or anywhere else on the Project.
Electrical inspection, maintenance, repair and installation may be performed on the following electrical systems however this list is not intended to be all inclusive:
Exterior Electrical Distribution System (primary service, transformers, poles, guy wires)
Interior and Exterior Conduit, Receptacles, Switches, Wiring, Electrical Connections
Electrical Panels and Breakers
Security system and alarms
Mechanical system items may include, but not be limited to HVAC, boilers, burners, leaks, fuel valves and lines, mechanical valves and pipes, vents, and controls.
The Contractor shall provide the following disciplines for the contract: journeyman interior wiremen, journeyman high voltage linemen, certified commercial HVAC service technicians, journeyman plumbers and a Powerflame Certified Technician for servicing boiler burners. With the exception of the Powerflame Certified Technician, contract maintenance and repair personnel shall have a minimum of 5-years of experience to troubleshoot and repair the interior and exterior electrical and mechanical systems throughout the Chena River Flood Control Project area. Tasks may include:
- Scheduled monthly and annual maintenance on the interior and exterior electrical and mechanical systems including monthly and annual checks and servicing.
- Unscheduled maintenance on interior and exterior electrical and mechanical systems as required.
- Repairs and minor new work to interior and exterior electrical and mechanical systems throughout the Chena Project site. The Contractor is required to provide all tools and transportation needed to facilitate repairs and new work items.
This will be a time-and-materials type contract. The contract will have a base period of one year and two one-year option periods. Contract magnitude is $300,000-$350,000 over 3 years.
All offerors are advised that they must be registered in System for Award Management (SAM) to be eligible for a contract award. NAICS Code is for this contract action is 561210 Facilities Support Services with a small business size standard of $41.5 Million. Disciplines required under the contract may be subcontracted as necessary.
Interested firms should submit the following information regarding their company via email to: Ernest.L.Woods@usace.army.mil
- Company name, address, DUNS number and point of contact including email address.
- Small Business status and socio-economic category (for example, 8(a), HUBZone, Service Disabled Veteran Owned, Veteran Owned, Woman Owned), if applicable.
- Primary business specialty and work to be subcontracted.