The Regional Health Contracting Office-Central (RHCO-C) is issuing this Sources Sought Notice on behalf of Brooke Army Medical Center to find potential sources to provide an electronic “Remote Monitoring System” for patients that are at high-risk for falls or otherwise require continuous observation (e.g., patients with dementia).
THIS IS NOT A SOLICITATION ANNOUNCEMENT – This is a Sources Sought Notice and is issued solely for information and planning purposes – it does not constitute a Request for Quote (RFQ) or a promise to issue an RFQ in the future. Solicitations are not available at this time and requests for a solicitation will not receive a response. This notice does not constitute a commitment by the United States Government to contract for any supply or service whatsoever. All information submitted in response to this announcement is voluntary; the United States Government will not pay for information requested nor will it compensate any respondent for any cost incurred in developing information provided to the United States Government. Not responding to this Sources Sought Notice does not preclude participation in any future Request for Quote (RFQ), should one be issued. It is the responsibility of the potential offerors to monitor this site for additional information pertaining to this requirement.
The Government will use responses to this notice in formulating its acquisition strategy. If the Government does not receive sufficient information in response to this notice to verify the potential for competition exists, it is possible that a sole-source contract, supported by a Justification and Approval document, will be issued to support the Government's requirement. RHCO-C is seeking the following information (please answer paragraphs below with your response):
- Company name, DUNS number, CAGE code, and point of contact information (including phone number and email address), and socio-economic category(ies) as related to NAICS 325413 (In-Vitro Diagnostic Substance Manufacturing), such as 8(a), HUBZone, Women-Owned, Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned, Small, or Other-than-Small.
- Capability Statement (limited to ten pages), describing how your company meets the below objectives additional proof (such as product literature and locations where a system is currently installed) where appropriate:
- The system must offer multiple device configurations including mobile devices that can be moved to patient rooms as needed (i.e.., mobile) and permanently mounted devices (i.e., fixed). Mobile unit must be capable of locking into place when needed (e.g., via casters). All devices must have the same functionality and be able to work together within the facility. Simultaneously, the system must be Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) compliant.
- The system’s individual device must provide 360-degree pan-tilt-zoom camera with 180-degree tilt and significant optical zoom so that monitor is able to see entirety of patient room to notice if there is a change in patient condition. The devices must be able to function in complete dark but not interfere with other equipment in the patient room. Screen resolution of at least 720p.
- The system must provide an immediate alarm function that is used by monitor staff for alerting floor staff of imminent danger and/or if a patient is not responding to voice commands and is at high risk for an adverse event. This “STAT” alarm must be distinct and only activated when there is a verified event. Automated warnings must be available in English and Spanish.
- The system must be compliant with Federal Information Processing Standards (FIPS) and compatible with Defense Health Agency requirements for such systems. Company must be able to perform software support through updates, upgrades, patches, and other technical support.
- Company must provide a single point of contact (e.g., Program Manager) to shepherd project from award through installation to training of hospital staff on the floor and in Biomedical Maintenance.
The response due date for this Sources Sought Notice is 4:00 PM CST, 12 April 2021. All questions and comments regarding this announcement shall be submitted via e-mail to the below POCs: