THIS IS A SOURCES SOUGHT ANNOUNCEMENT FOR MARKET SURVEY PURPOSES ONLY. THIS IS NOT A SOLICITATION FOR PROPOSALS AND NO CONTRACT SHALL BE AWARDED FROM THIS ANNOUNCEMENT; THEREFORE REQUEST FOR A SOLICITATION WILL NOT RECEIVE A RESPONSE.
This Sources Sought announcement serves to notify industry of need to provide Command, Control, and Communications (C3), Integration and Modification, Maintenance, Enhancement, and Engineering Support (CTES IV) associated with the integration of avionics and avionics architecture into the CH-47F Platform and all its variants to include foreign military sales (FMS) requirements that are not source directed.
The PMO is conducting a market research in accordance with FAR 10.001 to determine feasibility of a competitive acquisition and to identify potential sources that can provide CH-47F CTES IV avionics and avionics architecture. System/Software includes the necessary design development (all activities inherent in the System/Software process, to include enhancements, modifications, maintenance, and upgrades), modification, and testing to:
(1) Modify and sustain affected Computer Software Configuration Items (CSCIs) for various functionality and changes therein with the Improved Data Modem (IDM), Blue Force Tracking (BFT), waveforms assigned to the Joint Tactical Radio System (JTRS), Aircraft Survivability Equipment (ASE), Future Airborne Capability Environment (FACE), Degraded Visual Environment (DVE), Common Operating Environment (COE), and Next Generation Air Traffic Management (NextGen ATM), including partitions with Collins Aerospace proprietary design rights, to provide system compatibility with the shared CH/MH/UH requirements and architecture.
(2) Modify existing platform programs to allow for the functional integration and utility of platform common and unique line replaceable units.
(3) Modify, delete, add, and/or enhance the Command, Control, Communications, and display Hardware (HW) and Software (SW) functionality.
(4) Modify, enhance, develop and test simulations, simulators, Software Development Environment (SDE), Software Engineering Environment (SEE), and development and test tools to ensure compatibility with the changes.
(5) Develop prototypes/test beds/stands to provide proof of principle of emerging functionality and technology.
(6) Allow for the rapid prototyping of Horizontal Technology Insertion candidates within the mixed fleet supported.
(7) Develop plans and execute qualification tests for selected avionics associated end items.
(8) System-engineering support, which includes system/trade studies and white papers in support of hardware, software, simulation, simulator, tools enhancement, modifications and documentation affected by the integration of Common Avionics Architecture System (CAAS) changes on the platform.
All responses shall be submitted via email to the following individuals:
Your response is required no later than 07 January 2021 by 3:00pm Central Standard Time (CST). All questions and comments must be in writing via e-mail and no telephone calls will be accepted. The submission of this information is for planning purposes and is not to be construed as a commitment by the Government to procure any services, nor does the US Army intend to award on the basis of this request for Sources Sought or otherwise pay for the information solicited.