REQUEST FOR INFORMATION SPE603-21-R-5X01
FUEL OPERATIONS SUPPORT IN THE PORT OF DARWIN, AUSTRALIA
DLA Energy is seeking information on industry capabilities/interest/potential sources for the Receipt, Storage, and Issue 1,200,000 barrels of Aviation Turbine Fuel, Grade JP5 (fill capacity), and 700,000 barrels of Commercial Jet Fuel, Grade Jet A-1 (fill capacity), in the Port of Darwin, Australia. This announcement constitutes a Request for Information (RFI) only; there is no solicitation at this time. The Government is neither negotiating nor calling for offers at this time. This announcement is an expression of interest only and does not commit the Government to pay for any response preparation cost. The Government will not make an award on the basis of this RFI.
CONCEPT OF OPERATIONS: Fuel operations would primarily consist of Receipt, Storage, Protect and Ship two grades of U.S. Government-owned JP5 and JET A1 at a single location.
AREA OF CONSIDERATION: Port of Darwin
ESTIMATED ANNUAL THROUGHPUT: 400,000 barrels of total throughput, for each 12 month contract period
- Storage of 1,200,000 barrels of Aviation Turbine Fuel, Grade JP5
- Storage of 700,000 barrels of Commercial Jet Fuel, Grade Jet A1
- All product must be held at a single location
- Vessels can be U.S./Non U.S. flagged
- Berthing and mooring facility shall be capable of handling a minimum 50,000 dead weight ton (DWT) vessels with an overall length of 700 feet, with a minimum draft of 45 feet draft at mean low water from the berthing and mooring facility to the open ocean. The offeror shall provide a detailed description of any port restriction/requirement.
- Service capabilities for receiving U.S. Government-owned product via ocean going tanker or barge on a 24-hour per day, 7-day per week basis.
- Service capabilities for shipping/issuing U.S. Government-owned product via ocean going tanker or barge on a 24-hour per day, 7-day per week basis.
- Service capabilities for shipping U.S. Government-owned product (with additives) via third party furnished tank truck on a 24-hour per day, 5-day per week basis (Monday through Friday). Facility shall be capable of pumping rates at a minimum of 600 GPM per tank truck.
- Pumping rates minimum 8,330 barrels per hour for both receiving and shipping for tanker, and 2,000 barrels per hour for both receiving and shipping for barge transportation tendered
Submissions should be sent to Mr. Kirk Gamblin at email@example.com NLT 3:00 P.M. local Fort Belvoir, VA time on January 12, 2021. Please direct any questions concerning this RFI to Contract Specialist, Mr. Kirk Gamblin at firstname.lastname@example.org or 571-767-0515, and/or Contracting Officer, Mr. Shane Banks at email@example.com or 571-767-8298.
Interested firms must include in their submission, the RFI number SPE603-21-R-5X01 in the subject line of their emails. The following information is requested:
1. Provide a company profile to include number of employees, annual revenue history (last 3 years), office location(s), DUNS/CAGE Code number, business size, and a statement regarding current business status.
2. Capability Statement. Provide a brief explanation of your firm's capabilities to provide Contractor-Owned, Contractor-Operated Fuel Storage Facilities, equipment, tools, materials, supplies, and supervision necessary to receive, store, issue, maintain quality, account for petroleum products, maintain the associated fuel facilities and to provide qualified and experienced personnel, with appropriate clearances, if required.
3. Past Performance. Do you have past performance as a prime contractor or subcontractor on a service contract for similar fuels management requirements? If so, please provide the following information: Contract number, Name of Government Agency or Commercial Entity, Period of Performance, Dollar Value, Type of Contract (Fixed Price, Cost Reimbursement, etc.), and an explanation of services provided as they relate to COCO fuels management. If your firm acted as a subcontractor or joint venture, name the prime contractor or other party, the specific work performed and percentage. Address any past performance problems, and resolutions taken.
4. Location: Please provide the location/address of your facility.