The Defense Logistics Agency (DLA) Troop Support Indo-Pacific is issuing this Sources Sought Notice as a means of conducting market research to identify local sources capable and interested in fulfilling a future requirement to provide subsistence items, such as Full-line Fresh Fruits and Vegetables, to the Department of Defense (DoD) customers on Oahu, Hawaii. Items must be delivered/shipped to customers on Oahu, Hawaii. The resultant contract(s) will be issued as a fixed price contract.
The applicable North American Industry Classification System (NAICS) code is 311991; Perishable Prepared Food Manufacturing. This United States (U.S.) industry comprises establishments primarily engaged in manufacturing perishable prepared foods, such as salads, sandwiches, prepared meals, fresh pizza, fresh pasta, and peeled or cut vegetables. The applicable small business size standard is 500 employees.
DLA Troop Support Indo-Pacific contemplates to award an Indefinite Delivery Indefinite Quantity contract (IDQs) with a 4.5 year period of performance (three (3) separate (18 months) pricing tiers for a total of 54 months). The product manufacturer must appear as an approved source on the Worldwide Directory of Approved Sources.
All interested sources who consider themselves qualified and capable in providing Full-line Fresh Fruits and Vegetables are invited to submit a response to this Sources Sought Notice via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Responses shall be received no later than 1:00 p.m. Hawaii Standard Time (HST) on April 8, 2021.
All responses submitted in response to this Sources Sought Notice shall include the following:
1) Legal and Registered Name of Company;
2) Legal and Registered Company Address;
3) Company’s Duns and Bradstreet Number (DUNS) Number (used when registering in the System for Award Management (SAM) Database;
4) Company’s Commercial and Government Entity (CAGE) Code Number;
5) Approved Source Status – Yes, No, or Pending
6) Point of Contact, to include telephone number and email address; and
7) Brief Capabilities Statement of Company (Statements should describe recent and relative past performance to the NAICS code identified within this notice).
THIS IS A SOURCES SOUGHT ANNOUNCEMENT ONLY. THIS SOURCES SOUGHT ANNOUNCEMENT IS FOR INFORMATIONAL AND MARKET RESEARCH PURPOSES ONLY. THIS NOTICE DOES NOT CONSTITUTE A SOLICITATION AND SHALL NOT BE CONSTRUED AS A COMMITMENT BY THE U.S. GOVERNMENT. THE U.S. GOVERNMENT IS UNDER NO OBLIGATION TO AWARD A CONTRACT AS A RESULT OF THIS ANNOUNCEMENT. ALL INFORMATION SUBMITTED IN RESPONSE TO THIS ANNOUNCEMENT IS VOLUNTARY.
ADDITIONAL NOTES FOR INTERESTED SOURCES
All companies doing business with the Federal Government must be registered in the System for Award Management (SAM) Database. The website for registration is www.beta.sam.gov
Interested sources seeking additional information relating to the announcement are asked to review the following websites:
- NAICS: http://www.census.gov/
- SAM Database: https://www.beta.sam.gov
- Worldwide Directory of Approved Sources: http://phc.amedd.army.mil/topics/foodwater/ca/Pages/DoDApprovedFoodSources.aspx
“System for Award Management (SAM) Database” means the primary Government repository for contractor information required for the conduct of business with the Government.
“Commercial and Government Entity (CAGE) Code” means—
(1) A code assigned by the Defense Logistics Information Service (DLIS) to identify a commercial or Government entity; or
(2) A code assigned by a member of the North Atlantic Treaty Organization that DLIS records and maintains in the CAGE master file. This type of code is known as an “NCAGE code”.
“Data Universal Number System (DUNS) Number” means the 9-digit number assigned by Dun and Bradstreet, Inc. (D&B) to identify unique business entities.
“Registered in the System for Award Management database” means that—
(1) The Contractor has entered all mandatory information, including the DUNS number or the DUNS+4 number, and Contractor and Government Entity (CAGE) code into the SAM database.
(2) The contractor has completed the Core Data, Assertions, Representations and Certifications, and Points of Contact sections of the registration in the SAM database.
(3) The Government has validated all mandatory data fields to include validation of the Taxpayer Identification Number (TIN) with the Internal Revenue Service. The Contractor will be required to provide consent for TIN validation to the Government as part of the SAM registration process; and
(4) The Government has marked the record “Active.”
Questions regarding this Sources Sought Announcement shall be directed to the following Government Point of Contact: