The Government is seeking information from qualified sources to provide a wide variety of support in times of emergencies. THIS NOTICE IS NOT A REQUEST FOR PROPOSAL and is simply issued for information and planning purposes only. The Government does not intend to award a contract based only on responses to this Sources Sought Notice.
Responses to the notice will not be returned. Responders are solely responsible for all expenses associated with responding to this notice. The Government will not pay for information received in response to this notice. The Government does not request any proprietary information be submitted. Any information submitted for this notice is subject to disclosure under the Freedom of Information Act, 5 USC 552 (a) as appropriate.
The General Services Administration (GSA), Federal Acquisition Service (FAS), Office of Office of Travel, Transportation and Logistics (TTL), supports a myriad of Federal agencies in times of emergency. TTL wishes to establish in advance a number of buying instruments so TTL and its customers can order quickly and efficiently commonly purchased products and services.
TTL is looking for firms that can meet the following requirements:
- Support emergency acquisitions of a wide variety of goods and services on an ongoing basis (Historical purchases are in Attachment 1 but are not indicative of future requirements).
- TTL is particularly interested in firms that may specialize in emergency operations and disaster recovery support services and can act as leads to compile recovery solutions amongst a variety of suppliers and service providers.
- Have key personnel and alternate available 24×7 during Presidentially declared emergencies to receive and process orders.
- Meet accelerated and/or staggered delivery/performance timeframes. For commodity purchases within the continental United States, â…“ of the emergency shipment is typically required to be delivered within 24 hours; â…“ within 48 hours; and complete fulfillment within 72 hours. For service purchases, performance requirements are typically specified in the task order on accelerated timeframes.
- Have close working relationships with their transportation network in order to re-direct shipments to a different location than originally ordered to support the emergency.
- Provide real-time visibility of all commodities shipped.
- Track commodity orders from receipt thru customer delivery via Global Positioning System (GPS) tracking devices or equivalent to maintain shipment visibility.
- Respond to delivery discrepancies within 10 days.
- Pick up returned merchandise within 10 days or in extreme cases, as quickly as the situation allows.
- Provide regular status reports.
Often, customers will need to know what the price of an item/service is prior to purchasing it – and may not follow through with the purchase. Suppliers will need to be responsive to pricing requests in accelerated timeframes and may be asked to hold inventory.
D. Questions to the Industry
Interested parties are requested to respond to the following questions:
- What goods and services do you have ongoing capabilities to provide?
- Which of the general requirements specified in paragraph C. above are you able to meet?
- How much time does it take to provide a price quote and how long will you keep it open?
- Will working with GSA to fulfill customer requirements during a disaster emergency event impact in any way with your current business in industry? How? Is there a potential way of mitigation if challenges are foreseen?
- What is your firm’s continuity of operations plan for emergency situations or disaster events?
- Describe your firm’s operational capacity in emergency operations.
- What is your typical lead time for delivery of supplies and/or services? What is your expedited lead time in a disaster emergency event?
- Do you have unique or special capabilities you’d like to highlight?
- What Federal government contracts do you already have for these goods and services and does the ordering procedures permit other Federal agencies to purchase from these contracts? If so, identify the contract numbers and contract point of contact information.
- Do you accept MasterCard/VISA credit cards for payment?
- Provide any other information you’d like the Government to consider in its plan to establish multiple buying vehicles to support future emergency events.
- Provide basic company information and point of contact. Please include SAMMI number, business size and NAICS code.
AR Subpart 52-215(3)–Request for Information or Solicitation for Planning Purposes (Oct 1997)
(a) The government does not intend to award a contract on the basis of this solicitation or to otherwise pay for the information solicited except as an allowable cost under other contracts as provided in subsection 31.205-18, Bid and proposal costs, of the Federal Acquisition Regulation.
(b) Although “proposal” and “offeror” are used in this Request for Information, your response will be treated as information only. It shall not be used as a proposal.
F. Response Deadline and Point of Contact Information
Please respond to email@example.com, subject: Emergency Acquisition RFI with your responses to this RFI by 12:00 PM EST, Wednesday, April 7, 2021.