The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, Kansas City District intends to solicit and award a contract to renovate, update, and convert B1012 and B1013 to the requirements of an AIT Barracks in accordance with the April 2019 design documents. located at Fort Leonard Wood, Missouri. The Government proposes to issue a firm fixed price type design-bid-build (D-B-B) contract award for this project.
THIS SOURCES SOUGHT NOTICE IS FOR MARKET RESEARCH AND PLANNING PURPOSES ONLY. THIS DOES NOT CONSTITUTE A SOLICITATION AND SHALL NOT BE CONSTRUED AS A COMMITMENT BY THE GOVERNMENT TO AWARD A CONTRACT FROM RESPONSES TO THIS ANNOUNCEMENT, NOR DOES IT OBLIGATE THE GOVERNMENT TO PRODUCE A SOLICITATION IN THE FUTURE. ANY INFORMATION SUBMITTED BY INTERESTED PARTIES IS STRICTLY VOLUNTARY AND NO MONETARY COMPENSATION WILL BE PROVIDED FOR RESPONSE PREPARATION OR FOLLOW UP REQUESTS.
The purpose of this Sources Sought Notice is to obtain insight into the interest, capabilities and qualifications of small business firms to perform a firm fixed price D-B-B construction type contract of this magnitude and to determine if there is adequate competition to compete and successfully perform.
The scope of this D-B-B contract is to concurrently renovate, update, and convert B1012 and B1013 to the requirements of an AIT Barracks in accordance with the April 2019 design documents. Typical work includes: Repair and convert existing failing trainee barracks building to such a condition that it may be effectively used for its current functional purpose as AIT barracks. Project abates hazardous materials and repairs by replacement the exterior windows, doors and walls to meet ATFP requirements. It repair walls, floors and structure to meet progressive collapse and seismic requirements. Repairs building exterior and repair roof by replacement, repair and repair by replacement interior doors, hardware, walls, floors and ceilings. Repair by replacement failing control systems, boilers, hot and cold water piping, ventilation ducts, and heating and air conditioning. Repair by replacement of the fixtures, piping, domestic water and drainage systems within the 5 Foot line of the facility. Repair by replacement the electrical systems by replacing the existing service entrance, lighting and emergency lighting, wiring and conduits, receptacles, fire and internal alarm systems. Repair by replacement halls and travel distances to exit the building and meet life safety code requirements. Repair and abate presence of mold and hazardous materials. A fire sprinkler system will be added to the facility in conjunction with the overall repair of the facility according to NFPA 101 and AR 420-1.
The requirement will consist of all aspects of renovations to buildings 1012 and 1013. This requirement will include complex construction scheduling to accommodate occupancy changes returned to a useful state to the end users. The anticipated award of this contract will be on or before September 30, 2021 and shall be complete within two years.
The magnitude of this project is between $10,000,000 and $25,000,000. The applicable North American Industrial Classification System (NAICS) codes and applicable size standards include but are not limited to: Commercial and Institutional Building Construction 236220, and $39.5M.
You are invited to respond to this sources sought notification, with your response to include the following information:
- Business name, address, CAGE code and DUNS number; and Point of Contact including name, phone number and email address responsible for submission;
- Company Website
- Company size (Small or Large), in accordance with the North American Industry Classification System (NAICS) code 236220.
- If a Small Business, specify if your company is any of the following: (a) Service- Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business (SDVOSB); (b) HUB Zone Small Business; (c) 8(a) Small Business concern; or (d) Woman-Owned Small Business.
- Assertion of Contractors interest in bidding on the solicitation when it is issued.
SOURCES SOUGHT QUESTIONS:
- Prior Experience. Prior experience with construction of projects that have similar scope and magnitude. Provide examples with summaries of past performance on a minimum of (3) three projects designing and constructing major renovations to military barracks within the last (10) ten years by including as much of the following information as possible:
- Dollar amount of the contract
- Design-Bid-Build construction experience
- Experience to Scope listed above
- Brief description of the technical requirements of that project;
- Description of the work that was performed and whether it was self-performed or performed by a subcontractor; if performed by a subcontractor, identify subcontractor;
- Indication of how long the services took to complete from start to finish;
- Name, address, point of contact and phone number of customer organization for which the work was done.
Contractor may submit examples of work done by a subcontractor, if that subcontractor intends to enter into a letter of commitment with the contractor.
- Joint Venture information, if applicable – existing and potential.
- Bonding Capability. Construction bonding level per contract and aggregate construction bonding level, both expressed in dollars. The response must be specific to the qualifications listed above to show that the respondent is qualified and possesses the necessary skills, experience and capabilities. If a response does not clearly demonstrate that the respondent meets the qualifications, possess the necessary skills, experience and capability the response will not be considered as confirmed capability for the purposes of market research which will be used to support procurement planning initiatives.
Please respond by March 19,2021 at 1:00 pm Local Time, with response limited to t hree (3) pages. Send your response to Carmen Hopkins via email, firstname.lastname@example.org with a courtesy copy to Alice M. Jeffres at email@example.com.