- General. This is a SOURCES SOUGHT and is for informational/market research purpose only. THIS IS NOT A REQUEST FOR PROPOSAL, QUOTATION OR BID, NOR A SYNOPSIS OF A PROPOSED CONTRACT ACTION UNDER FAR SUBPART 5.2.
- Contract Information: The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers (USACE), Northwestern Division, Portland District (CENWP) has been tasked to solicit a contract which includes:
- Pressure Pipe: Provide (8) steel pipe sections that have an inside diameter equal to 29.875 inches, 1-inch wall thickness, and are 40-foot long.
- Outfall Pipe: Provide (16) steel pipe sections that have an inside diameter equal to 29.875 inches, 0.75-inch wall thickness, and are 40-foot long.
- Provide (4) steel flanges that fit on the specified pressure pipe. Each steel flange must have a thickness of 1.5 inches, an inside diameter of 31.875 inches, and have a total of 32 bolt holes, according to the drawing attached.
- (8) steel flanges that fit on the specified outfall pipe. Each steel flange must have a thickness of 1.5 inches, an inside diameter of 31.375 inches, and have a total of 32 bolt holes, according to the drawing attached.
- Provide (6) blind flanges. Each blind flange must have a thickness of 1.5 inches and have a total of 32 bolt holes, according to the drawing attached.
- Contractor is required to transport all provided material to the destination. The contractor is required to offload and stack the material within the finished product placement area.
Responses to this Sources Sought announcement will be used by the Government to make, if appropriate, a small business set-aside acquisition strategy decision. Small business must be either a manufacturer or supplier who obtains the requested items from a small business manufacturer to qualify as a small business for this requirement.
This Source Sought is to gain knowledge of the interest, capabilities, and qualifications of the small business members of the industry.
- Must be able to meet:
AMERICAN INSTITUTE OF STEEL CONSTRUCTION
AISC 325 (2011) Steel Construction Manual
AMERICAN WELDING SOCIETY (AWS)
AWS D1.1/D1.1M (2015; Errata 1 2015; Errata 2 2016) Structural Welding Code – Steel
AWS B2.1-1-001:2020 (2020) Standard Welding Procedure Specification for Shielded Metal Arc Welding of Carbon Steel
ASTM INTERNATIONAL (ASTM)
ASTM A139/A139M (2016) Standard Specification for Electric-Fusion (Arc)-Welded Steel Pipe (NPS and Over)1
Items being considered:
- QTY 8 each of 40 Foot Segment of 29.875" ID, 1" Wall Thickness Steel Pressure Pipe, Delivery, Stacking
- QTY 16 each of 40 Foot Segment of 29.875" ID, 0.75" Wall Thickness Steel Outfall Pipe, Delivery, Stacking
- QTY 4 each of Steel Flanges with 32 Bolt Holes, 1.5" Thickness, To Fit Pressure Pipe, Delivery, Stacking
- QTY 8 each of Steel Flanges with 32 Bolt Holes, 1.5" Thickness, To Fit Outfall Pipe, Delivery, Stacking
- QTY 6 eacy of Steel Blind Flanges with 32 Bolt Holes, 1.5" Thickness, Delivery, Stacking
A firm's response to this Sources Sought shall be limited to 5 pages and shall include the following information:
Firm's name, address, point of contact, phone number, e-mail address, CAGE and DUNS number.
Firm's small business category and Business Size: Small Business, Small Disadvantaged, 8(a) firm, Historically underutilized Business Zones (HUBZone), Economically Disadvantaged Women-Owned Small Business (EDWOSB), and Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small business (SDVOSB).
Provide a minimum of one project similar in size, scope and complexity with a brief description of the project, customer name, timeliness of performance, contract number, customer satisfaction and the dollar value. The Government may verify information in CPARS or PPIRS.
POC: Robert Miller email: Robert.B.Miller@usace.army.mil
Disclaimer and Important Notes. This notice does not obligate the Government to award a contract. No reimbursement will be made for any costs associated with providing information in response to this Sources Sought or any follow up information. The Government reserves the right to use information provided by respondents for any purpose deemed necessary and legally appropriate. Any organization responding to this notice should ensure that its response is complete and sufficiently detailed to allow the Government to determine the organization's qualifications to perform the work. Respondents are advised that the Government is under no obligation to acknowledge receipt of the information received or to provide feedback to respondents with respect to any information submitted. After a review of the responses a solicitation may be published in Federal Business Opportunities. However, responses to this notice will not be considered adequate responses to a solicitation.
All interested firms must be registered in the System for Award Management (SAM) at https://www.sam.gov and remain current for the duration of the contract to be eligible for award of a Government contract.