THIS IS A SOURCES SOUGHT NOTICE ONLY. THIS IS NOT A REQUEST FOR PROPOSAL. THERE WILL NOT BE A SOLICITATION, SPECIFICATIONS, OR DRAWINGS AVAILABLE AT THIS TIME.
The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers (USACE), Baltimore District, requests letters of interest from qualified PRIME CONSTRUCTION CONTRACTORS interested in performing work on the potential construction project for renovation of two existing motor pool buildings, demolition of WWII Barracks and parking lot construction.
By way of this Market Survey/Sources Sought Notice, the USACE Baltimore District intends to determine the extent of capable firms that are engaged in providing the services described below. The responses to this Notice will be used for planning purpose. Therefore, this Notice does not constitute a Request for Proposal (RFP); it does not guarantee the future issue of a RFP; nor does it commit the Government to contract for any supply or service. Further, this Agency will not accept unsolicited proposals. Respondents are advised that this Agency will not pay for any information or administrative cost incurred in response to this Notice; all costs associated with responding to this Notice will be solely at the responding party's expense. At this time, proprietary information is not being requested, and respondents shall refrain from providing proprietary information in response to this Notice. Please be advised that all submissions become Government property and will not be returned. Not responding to this Notice does not preclude participation in any future Solicitation, if any is issued. Responses to this sources sought announcement will be used by the Government to make appropriate acquisition decisions. Therefore, the type of set-aside decision to be issued will in part depend upon the capabilities of the responses to this notice.
In accordance with FAR 15.201(e), responses to this notice are not offers and cannot be accepted by the U.S Government to form a binding contract. It is the responsibility of the interested parties to monitor this site for additional information pertaining to this Notice.
This requirement will be for the renovation of two buildings (51450 & 51451), construction of a new parking lot and demolition of 4 buildings at Fort Huachuca located in Sierra Vista, AZ. Building 51450 is 8,280 GSF and Building 51450 is 6,960 GSF; both were built in 1969 as compact item shops are in need of major renovations. The buildings will be fully modernized. Structural work is limited to providing lintels for new openings in bearing walls, concrete infill of slab on grade openings, framing for new mechanical roof openings, and a new concrete ramp to Building 51450. Complete new HVAC systems will be provided for both buildings. All new plumbing systems will be provided with low flow water saving fixtures. Domestic hot water will be provided by an instantaneous gas heater in each building. Existing service transformer, feeders to service boards, and existing switchboards will remain for both buildings. All conduit, conductors, light fixtures, wiring, devices and panelboards fed from service boards will be removed and replaced. A complete new structured cabling system will be provided. The buildings will meet or exceed requirements of UFC 4-010-01 for existing buildings within a controlled perimeter. The renovations will be compliant with UFC 1-200-02 High Performance and Sustainable Building requirements. Demolition involves gutting the interiors of both buildings and leaving only bearings walls, floor slabs, and roof structures. Additionally, adjacent buildings 51449, 51452, 51453, and 51454 are to be removed. The site encompasses approximately 3.3 acres. Parking will be provided for a total of 96 vehicles; this includes 86 POV, 4 ADA and 6 GOV (screened from view). New site walkways and egress paths will also be provided.
In accordance with DFARS 236.204 the magnitude of construction is between $10,000,000 and $25,000,000.
RESPONSES TO THIS NOTICE:
Responders should address ALL of the following in their submittal:
1. Firm’s name, address, point of contact, phone number, e-mail address, CAGE code and DUNS number.
2. In consideration of NAICS code 236220, with a small business size standard in dollars of $36.5M, indicate which of the following small business categories your business is classified under: Small Business, Veteran Owned Small Business, Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business, Small Disadvantaged Business, Woman-Owned Small Business, HUBZone Small Business, or 8(a) Business.
3. Indicate if your company is currently prohibited from doing business with the Federal Government. Yes/No. (If yes, explain).
4. Provide a letter from the surety regarding the bonding capability for a single contract action and aggregate of the interested prime contractor.
5. Provide at least three (3) example projects similar to the project description above completed by the interested prime contractor in the last five years. Projects shall be no less than $10M. Include point of contact information for the examples provided in order for the Government to verify the past performance on indicated projects.
6. Responders should have experience in the areas listed below and provide narratives identifying that specific experience: Antiterrorism Force Protection (ATFP) Compliance and UFC Criteria. The Contractor shall show experience with the renovation of former work classified building pertaining to complete interior renovation of military installation building and commercial construction for administration use.
7. Total submittal shall be no longer than 10 pages in one (1).pdf file double sided pages will count as two (2) separate pages
Comments will be shared with the Government project team, but otherwise will be held in strict confidence.
Interested parties who consider themselves qualified to perform the above-listed requirement are invited to submit a response to this Sources Sought Notice NLT 10:00AM Eastern Standard Time (EST) April 20, 2021. All responses under this Sources Sought Notice must be emailed to, MAJ Puna Taamu, Contract Specialist – Punatoto.V.Taamu@usace.army.mil referencing the sources sought notice number
Telephone inquiries will not be accepted or acknowledged, and no feedback or evaluations will be provided to companies regarding their submissions. If you have any questions concerning this opportunity please contact: MAJ Taamu via email – Punatoto.V.Taamu@usace.army.mil.