THIS IS A REQUEST FOR INFORMATION (RFI)/SOURCES SOUGHT NOTICE BEING RELEASED PURSUANT TO FEDERAL ACQUISITION REGULATION (FAR) PART 10: MARKET RESEARCH.
This RFI is issued solely for informational, market research, and planning purposes only. It does not constitute an Invitation for Bid (IFB), Request for Quote (RFQ), or Request for Proposal (RFP) or a promise to issue an RFQ/IFB/RFP in the future. No solicitation document exists at this time. Issuance of this notice does not constitute any obligation on the part of the Government and is not to be construed as a commitment by the Government, implied or otherwise, to issue a solicitation or award a contract. In addition, respondents are advised that the United States Government is under no obligation to pay for any information or administrative cost incurred in response to this RFI. At this time, proprietary information is not being requested, and respondents shall refrain from providing proprietary information in response to this RFI. The specifications for this requirement will only be available upon solicitation issuance.
The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, Nashville District is conducting this RFI/Sources Sought in support of Market Research to notify and seek potential qualified members of industry to gain knowledge of interest, capabilities and qualification, to include the Small Business Community to fabricate, assemble and deliver quantity one Caterpillar DP35N or approved equal forklift. Responses to this RFI/Sources Sought will be used by the Government in making appropriate acquisition decisions.
No solicitation document is currently available. SCOPE:
This Market Research/Sources Sought Notice is for information on capability and availability of potential contractors to fabricate, assemble, and deliver (1) Caterpillar DP35N or approved equal forklifts to the Cordell Hull Powerplant located in Carthage, TN for the USACE Nashville District.
The proposed project will be a Firm Fixed Price contract.
North American Industrial Classification System (NAICS) Code applicable to this acquisition is 333924 Industrial Truck, Tractor, Trailer, and Stacker Machinery Manufacturing.
Small Business Size Standard in number of employees for this acquisition is 750.
The Contractor shall provide the brand name or equal equipment as specified herein. To be considered equal, alternate equipment proposed shall meet the same specifications included herein. The Contractor shall submit catalog cut documentation with their price quote. If an alternate is proposed, the Government shall make the comparison to verify that it is equal to the brand name and model number specified and that it can meet the specifications below. Information provided in the catalog cut documents shall be complete and of the level of detail to allow the Government to make the comparison. The Contractor shall not deliver equipment prior to the Government's approval.
These specifications require furnishing and delivering a complete and ready for operation, with the exception of fuel, one (1) new current model diesel powered Caterpillar DP35N or approved equal forklift with the following features and specifications. Forklift shall be delivered Cordell Hull Powerplant.
In summary, the forklift shall contain the following options:
- Heavy Duty
- Hydraulic controlled
- Two wheel drive
- Rear wheel steer
- Pneumatic tires
- Single Diesel engine for both driving and lift operation
- Maximum Dimensions in inches, Height 86 inches, chassis width 51inches
- Gross weight not to exceed 11,000 lbs.
- Fork Face Length minimum 110 inches
- Maximum Lift Height 277 inches
- Minimum Lift Capacity 7,000 lbs.
- 42” standard taper forks
- Overhead rain guard
- Integrated digital monitor with speed and load weight
- Fork side shifter and fork positioner
Respondents interested in providing a response to this Sources Sought should submit information which clearly describes the following: Only contractors capable of supplying this type of procurement should respond to this survey.
- Name of your firm, address, points of contact with telephone numbers and e-mail addresses:
- CAGE Code and/or Unique Entity Identifier (Known as DUNS):
- Are you a Small Business classified under the above NAICS code? If so, do you fall into a sub-category (e.g. HubZone, 8(a), SDVOSB, WOSB, etc.)?
- A Statement of Capability (SOC) stating your skills, experience, and knowledge required to perform the specified type of work. This SOC should be a brief description of your company's capabilities. Include a statement detailing any special qualifications and certifications, applicable to the scope of this project, held by your firm and/or in-house personnel.
- Please describe any recent contracts or experience within the previous 24 months that are similar to this requirement.
- If this requirement is advertised, do you anticipate submitting a quote?
Submit your response no later than 10 AM Central Time on April 12, 2021 via email to Kathryn.H.Pascual@usace.army.mil or at Eugenia.J.Corder@usace.army.mil.