THIS IS A REQUEST FOR INFORMATION (RFI)/SOURCES SOUGHT NOTICE BEING RELEASED PURSUANT TO FEDERAL ACQUISITION REGULATION (FAR) PART 10: MARKET RESEARCH.
This RFI is issued solely for informational, market research, and planning purposes only. It does not constitute an Invitation for Bid (IFB), Request for Quote (RFQ), or Request for Proposal (RFP) or a promise to issue an RFQ/IFB/RFP in the future. No solicitation document exists at this time. Issuance of this notice does not constitute any obligation on the part of the Government and is not to be construed as a commitment by the Government, implied or otherwise, to issue a solicitation or award a contract. In addition, respondents are advised that the United States Government is under no obligation to pay for any information or administrative cost incurred in response to this RFI. At this time, proprietary information is not being requested, and respondents shall refrain from providing proprietary information in response to this RFI. The specifications for this requirement will only be available upon solicitation issuance.
The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, Nashville District is conducting this RFI/Sources Sought in support of Market Research to notify and seek potential qualified members of industry to gain knowledge of interest, capabilities and qualification, to include the Small Business Community to fabricate, assemble and deliver quantity Twenty-four (24) 69 KV Bushings. Responses to this RFI/Sources Sought will be used by the Government in making appropriate acquisition decisions.
No solicitation document is currently available.
This Market Research/Sources Sought Notice is for information on capability and availability of potential contractors to fabricate, assemble, and deliver quantity Twenty-four (24) 69 KV Bushings (69 kV class, 350 kV BIL, oil impregnated paper, bottom connection, 1,200 A continuous current rating) for Old Hickory Power Plant located in Hendersonville, TN for the USACE Nashville District.
The proposed project will be a Firm Fixed Price contract.
North American Industrial Classification System (NAICS) Code applicable to this acquisition is 333613 Mechanical Power Transmission Equipment Manufacturing.
Small Business Size Standard in number of employees for this acquisition is 750.
The following is the specifications needed for this project.
- The Contractor shall furnish replacement bushings of exact fit and rating for the existing high voltage bushings on four Oil Circuit Breakers (OCB).
- The Contractor shall furnish quantity Twenty-four (24) 69 KV Bushings. Bushings shall be 69 kV class, 350 kV BIL, oil impregnated paper, bottom connection, and 1,200 A continuous current rating.
- Factory Certified Test Reports and drawings shall be submitted for each bushing type. Submit Factory tests for each bushing manufactured.
- Bushings shall be type ABB 069W1200UU or approved equal .
- Bushings shall be of recent manufacture
- High Voltage bushings shall be oil impregnated paper construction with test taps.
- Bushings shall be designed for outdoor service.
- Bushings shall not be a solid epoxy construction
- All bushings shall be a low-corona design.
- Bushings shall be so designed such that there will be no stressing of any parts due to temperature changes, and adequate means shall be provided to accommodate conductor expansion.
- Bushings shall be oil-tight, and shall seal oil-tight on the OCB.
- The power factor of each bushing shall meet the requirements of IEEE C57.19.01, Table 6 as applicable.
- Bushings shall be designed to withstand the standard withstand test voltages as indicated in Table 1 of IEEE C57.19.01 and shall be tested in accordance with IEEE C57.19.00 paragraph 7 “ Test Procedure.”
- The Government does not own the drawings of the original equipment. Bidder is responsible for verifying and providing bushings that match the original bushings by referencing original General Electric (GE) drawings.
- Provide installation gasket sets.
- The bushings shall be rated as shown in the table, attached.
- The Contractor shall provide cut-sheets on all proposed bushings along with bid.
Respondents interested in providing a response to this Sources Sought should submit information which clearly describes the following: Only contractors capable of supplying this type of procurement should respond to this survey.
- Name of your firm, address, points of contact with telephone numbers and e-mail addresses:
- CAGE Code and/or Unique Entity Identifier (Known as DUNS):
- Are you a Small Business classified under the above NAICS code? If so, do you fall into a sub-category (e.g. HubZone, 8(a), SDVOSB, WOSB, etc.)?
- A Statement of Capability (SOC) stating your skills, experience, and knowledge required to perform the specified type of work. This SOC should be a brief description of your company's capabilities. Include a statement detailing any special qualifications and certifications, applicable to the scope of this project, held by your firm and/or in-house personnel.
- Please describe any recent contracts or experience within the previous 24 months that are similar to this requirement.
- If this requirement is advertised, do you anticipate submitting a quote?
Submit your response no later than 12 PM Central Time on January 6, 2021 via email to Kathryn.H.Pascual@usace.army.mil or at Eugenia.J.Corder@usace.army.mil.