1. This notice does NOT constitute a request for proposal, request for quote, or invitation for bid. The intent of this notice is to identify potential offerors for market research purposes.
2. The work includes, but is not limited to, furnishing all labor, supervision, management, tools, materials, equipment, facilities, transportation, incidental engineering, and other items necessary to perform Equipment Operations, Maintenance and Repair Services, Oahu, Hawaii. The Contractor shall perform maintenance, repair, alteration, inspection, testing, demolition, minor construction, and installation for the following systems and equipment:
– Autoclave, Sterilizer
– Boilers and Unfired Pressure Vessels (UPVs)
– Boiler Water Testing and Treatment
– Clear Water Rinse Facility
– High Pressure Air Compressor Systems (HPAC)
– Low Pressure Air Compressor Systems (LPAC)
– Wastewater Instrumentation
– Generators Stack Testing
– Liquid Nitrogen Storage Facility
– Liquid Nitrogen Generator
– Truss Brows with Electric Winches
– Vehicle Wash Rack
– Vehicle Service Rack
– Other similar type systems
3. All maintenance and repair shall be performed by personnel trained and certified by the Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM):
– Personnel performing work on LPAC systems shall be trained, certified, and authorized to maintain and repair installed compressed air systems by the OEM. Personnel performing work on Atlas Copco LPAC systems shall each have the necessary skills, knowledge, and expertise in the repair and maintenance of industrial, two-stage, intercooled, rotary screw-type compressors, such as the Atlas Copco Model ZR-7D unit.
– Personnel performing work on HPAC systems shall be trained, certified, and authorized to maintain and repair installed compressed air systems by the OEM. Personnel performing work on Atlas Copco HPAC systems shall each have a minimum of five (5) years total time experience in the repair and maintenance of the Atlas Copco Model D65-A unit.
– Personnel inspecting, witnessing tests, preparing reports, and issuing certificates for boilers and UPVs must be qualified per UFC 3-430-07.
– Personnel working with or on electrical or electronic equipment must be trained and certified per NAVFAC MO-200.
– Personnel performing work in HAZMAT/HAZWASTE must complete the HAZMAT/HAZWASTE handling course or have a minimum of one year of experience working with HAZMAT/HAZWASTE.
– Personnel performing work on Wastewater Instrumentation systems at water reclamation facilities shall have working knowledge of wastewater management and treatment processes and problems, applicable regulations, control technologies, digital and analog equipment, electric power systems, and hydraulics as related to wastewater treatment and water reclamation facility operations.
– Personnel performing maintenance and repair of the Naval Ship Yard Liquid Nitrogen Storage facility shall have a general knowledge of nitrogen and cryogenic operating procedures. Contractor shall provide licenses/certificates required to perform maintenance and repair of various pressure vessels, controls, valves, gages, sensors, filters, piping and supports.
4. Recurring work includes, but is not limited to, service orders (emergency, urgent, and routine), maintenance, repair, alteration, inspection, testing, demolition, minor construction, and installation for various systems and equipment. Non-recurring work includes, but is not limited to, Unit Priced Labor Work and Parts, Material and Equipment.
5. Procurement Method: Contracting by Negotiation. The NAICS Code for this procurement is 811310 and the annual size standard is $8 million. The contract term will be a base period of one year plus four option years. The Government will not synopsize the options when exercised. Non-recurring work may be issued via FedMall, a web-based ordering system, using Government purchase cards.
6. Interested sources capable of providing the required services must respond by e-mail to email@example.com no later than December 2, 2020. Interested sources shall provide their response using Attachment S-1.
7. No other information is required at this time. This sources sought announcement is for information and planning purposes only and is not to be construed as a commitment by the Government, implied or otherwise, to issue a solicitation or ultimately award a contract. An award will not be made on responses to this notice. This Sources Sought Synopsis is not a Request for Proposal (RFP); it is a market research tool being utilized to determine the availability of sources prior to issuing an RFP. Based upon the responses received, the Government will determine the set-aside method for the procurement.