Market Research/Request for Information (RFI)
Naval Facilities Engineering Systems Command (NAVFAC) Atlantic
THIS IS A REQUEST FOR INFORMATION NOTICE ONLY. THIS IS NOT A REQUEST FOR PROPOSALS (RFP).
This market research tool is being issued for information purposes only and is not to be construed as a commitment by the Naval Facilities Engineering Systems Command (NAVFAC), implied or otherwise, to issue a solicitation or ultimately award a contract. In accordance with FAR 52.215-3, Request for Information or Solicitation for Planning Purposes (Oct 1997):
(a) The Government does not intend to award a contract on the basis of this solicitation or to otherwise pay for the information solicited except as an allowable cost under other contracts as provided in subsection 31.205-18, Bid and proposal costs, of the Federal Acquisition Regulation.
(b) Although "proposal" and "offeror" are used in this Request for Information, your response will be treated as information only. It shall not be used as a proposal.
(c) This solicitation is issued for the purpose of: identifying potential sources for a construction project for a communications facility in Greece. All Greek host nation regulations will apply for construction.
The Government requests written information from the industry in the following areas:
- Indicate particular challenges performing construction projects that involve construction on a DoD Installation at a location outside the Continental United States (OCONUS).
- Indicate particular challenges performing construction projects that involve construction on the Greek island of Crete.
- Indicate particular challenges performing construction projects during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Indicate particular challenges constructing underground telecommunications conduit in heavily developed military institutions.
Responses to this Request for Information Notice should reference ‘CONSTRUCTION INDUSTRY COMMUNICATIONS FACILITY’ and must include the following information in this format:
- Brief description of company including:
- Company Name, Address; Corporate website URL; point of contact name, phone number and email address.
- Business size (see http://www.sba.gov/size/indextableofsize.html).
- Statements that address the four items of interest along with the basis for your responses.
- Brief description of applicable past work performed that included construction of building(s) that included data centers outside the Continental United States. Describe in the methodology of how you managed requirements regarding telecommunications. Describe the technical approach for construction material acquisition, document control and special requirements for telecommunications construction.
- Provide any additional information that you feel relevant to the solicitation.
Documentation of items (a-d) must be presented in sufficient detail for the Government to determine that your company possesses the necessary functional area expertise and experience. Standard company brochures WILL NOT be reviewed. You submission package is not to exceed five (5) single-sided pages (12-point font minimum).
Responses must be sent to the following email address by 5:00 p.m. EST no later than 26 April 2021. Responders are reminded to mark any proprietary data.
Late responses will not be accepted.
NOTE: THE GOVERNMENT RESERVES THE RIGHT TO CANCEL THIS REQUIREMENT AT ANY TIME. THE GOVERNMENT IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY COSTS INCURRED IN ORDER TO PARTICIPATE IN THIS PROCESS. ALL INFORMATION SUBMITTED IS AT THE OFFEROR’S OWN EXPENSE. ANY RECOMMENDATIONS OR SUGGESTIONS PROVIDED IN RESPONSE TO THE MARKET RESEARCH MAY BE UTILIZED WITHOUT ANY RESTRICTIONS WHATSOEVER OR COST TO THE GOVERNMENT AND MAY BE INCLUDED IN THE PWS.
Proprietary information should be clearly marked. The requested information is for market research purposes only and will not be publicly released. Again, this is not a request for a proposal.