N00173-21-RFI-EN02 –Design, Development, Implementation, and Maintenance of Special Research and Development and Associated Support Equipment for the U. S. Naval Research Laboratory (NRL) Code 8124.
This is a Request for Information (RFI)/ Source Sought (SS) pursuant to Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) 15.201(e). The Government does not intend to award a contract on the basis of this solicitation or to otherwise pay for the information solicited except as an allowable cost under other contracts as provided in subsection 31.205-18, Bid and proposal costs, of the Federal Acquisition Regulation. Although "proposal" and "offeror" are used in this RFI, your response will be treated as information only. It shall not be used as a proposal.
The U.S. Naval Research Laboratory (NRL) is searching for potential sources with the capability to perform the service set forth in the attached draft Performance Work Statement (PWS) entitled “Design, Development, Implementation, and Maintenance of Special Research and Development and Associated Support Equipment for the U. S. Naval Research Laboratory (NRL) Code 8124”.
The intent of this RFI/SS is to gauge industry interest, capabilities and relevant experience to support NRL personnel in providing the required services stated in the attached draft PWS.
The place of performance is listed in the PWS.
NRL anticipates this level of effort will be performed on a Cost Plus Fixed Fee
Provide information on potential subcontracting opportunities. If no subcontracting opportunities exist, please explain why.
Currently contemplating full and open competition unless the results from this RFI support a set-aside of any kind. Federal multiple award schedule holders and/or small businesses are encouraged to reply.
Length of Award:
From date of award through five years (One 12-month base year, to include four 12-month option years)
To aid industry in evaluating their ability to perform the required service, the following documents have been attached and available at the link below:
- Draft PWS
- Draft Contract Data Requirement List
Contractor Response Format:
Required content and submission organization:
Cover Sheet – RFI number, company name and address, socio-economic status, NAICS code, DUNS number, Cage code, technical point of contact, printed name, title and email address and date. (Not included in the total page count)
- Please indicate if your company is a General Service Administration Holder and/or SeaPort Multiple Award Contracts Holder
- Technical description of the proposed concept or capability, and including a concise description of the specifications. This section should not exceed 5 pages, single-spaced, 12 point font, including charts, graphs, or other illustrations.
- The RFI will be evaluated solely for market research purposes. Consequently, the Government is primarily interested in Qualified Sources (Prime Contractors) providing specific technical details indicating how that source can meet the Government's needs.
- Small Business Concerns, Historically Underutilized Business Zone (HUBZone) Concerns, Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) Concerns, Small Disadvantaged Business (SDB) Concerns, Women-Owned Small Business (WOSB) Concerns and Veteran-Owned Small Business (VOSB) Concerns are all highly encouraged to respond to this RFI.
5) Please specify if subcontracting possibilities exist and/or if all tasks can be performed in house and
6) NRL will consider any comments regarding the draft PWS and Personnel Qualifications to provide clarification for final draft of the documents.
Past Performance Information:
Please provide in the response a list of Navy, DoD or Federal contracts supported during the past 24-months with a brief description of the supply provided for each contract. Only list contracts with effort similar to those detailed in the draft PWS.
Please provide a list of assumptions, if any, which were considered in formulating the response. It is anticipated that travel, materials and equipment will be included in the RFP.
Submission of Information:
Responses are requested no later than April 15, 2021 at 5:00 PM Central Standard Time. Any response received after this date will also be considered, but may not be included in initial reporting or assessments. Oral communications are not acceptable in response to this notice. Proprietary information should be marked accordingly.
Information received in response to this RFI shall be safeguarded adequately from unauthorized disclosure in accordance with FAR 15.207
Please include “N00173-21-RFI-EN02” in the subject line of your email response.
Submit the responses electronically to the Contracting Officer, Erica Turner at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than April 15, 2021 at 5:00 PM Central Standard Time. Oral communications are not acceptable in response to this notice.
Other Business Opportunities
Other business opportunities for NRL are available at NRL’s website at: https://www.nrl.navy.mil/doing-business/contracting-division/
FAR Clause 52.215-3 — Request for Information or Solicitation for Planning Purposes. Request for Information or Solicitation for Planning Purposes (Oct 1997) (a) The Government does not intend to award a contract on the basis of this solicitation or to otherwise pay for the information solicited except as an allowable cost under other contracts as provided in subsection 31.205-18, Bid and proposal costs, of the Federal Acquisition Regulation. (b) Although "proposal" and "offeror" are used in this Request for Information, your response will be treated as information only. It shall not be used as a proposal. (c) This solicitation is issued for the purpose of: market research and procurement planning.