This is a SOURCES SOUGHT notice. This notice is NOT A Request for Proposal (RFP). No solicitation exists at this time. The Strategic Systems Programs (SSP) seeks a cost plus incentive fee (CPIF) and cost plus fixed fee (CPFF) type contract to support Navy Strategic Missile Guidance and Reentry subsystems. The applicable NAICS code for this requirement is 541330.
PURPOSE OF NOTICE: This Sources Sought is being used as a Market Research tool to determine potential sources prior to determining the method of acquisition and issuance of a possible RFP. The Government is not obligated and will not pay for any information received from potential sources as a result of this notice. We are only requesting capability statements from potential contractors at this time.
RESPONSE DEADLINE: Interested sources shall submit a capability package by April 20, 2021 (15 pages or less) containing: 1) Company Name and Address, 2) Company Point of Contact, 3) Email Address, 4) Phone Number, 5) specifics addressing the tasking listed below and company's capability, 6) specifics addressing existing subject matter expertise of Strategic Weapon Systems Guidance and Reentry subsystems, 7) related past performance and 8) general corporate information. Facilities and US citizen personnel must have a Secret Clearance or higher, and be International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) compliant. In addition, prospective sources should be able to receive, generate, modify and store classified documentation.
Responders should indicate which portions of their response are proprietary and should mark them accordingly. Failure to provide a response does not preclude participation in any possible future competitive RFP for which a business is eligible to participate in, if any is issued. It is the responsibility of the interested businesses to monitor the beta.SAM website for additional information pertaining to any potential acquisition and provide security clearances if necessary, to perform the statement of work (SOW).
Electronic responses are acceptable if prepared in Microsoft 2010 compatible format; Email electronic responses to Paul Sheffield (email: email@example.com) with "Sources Sought" in the subject line of the email.
PERIOD OF PERFORMANCE: The current proposed Period of Performance is estimated to be one base year, plus a one (1) year option.
REQUIREMENT: The purpose of this CPIF/CPFF Services Contact is to provide SSP with:
- Provide specialized Tactical Engineering Services, Logistics Services, Fleet Support Services, and Guidance SSP Alteration (SPALT) Services to test, repair and maintain Guidance subsystems, test equipment, and related support equipment in support of existing TRIDENT II (D-5) weapon systems
- Perform research in the application of technologies to support TRIDENT II (D-5) Guidance and Reentry Systems. Applicable technologies include but are not limited to strategic grade radiation hardened inertial sensors (accelerometers, gyroscopes,etc), radiation hardened stellar imaging sensors, strategic grade radiation hardened electronics (memory, processors, etc.), and a secure and radiation hardened communications and timing architecture.
- Provide research into the applications of technologies to meet Guidance requirements for operations on Common Missile Compartment (CMC) that is part of the U.S. Columbia Program and UK Dreadnought Program. Applicable technologies include but are not limited to strategic grade radiation hardened inertial sensors (accelerometers, gyroscopes,etc), radiation hardened stellar imaging sensors, strategic grade radiation hardened electronics (memory, processors, etc.), and a secure and radiation hardened communications and timing architecture.
- Provide specialized technical knowledge and support for hypersonic guidance, navigation and control applications utilizing an integrated avionics computer and Global Positioning System (GPS)
For CONVENTIONAL PROMPT STRIKE (CPS) Program:
- Provide Software Integration, Test and Analysis support for Common Hardware In the Loop (CHWIL) coordination and integration, test readiness review through Software in the Loop (SWIL)/HWIL, and post flight test SWIL/HWL analysis
- Mature inertial instrumentation, software, and electromechanical components and algorithms that enable the Hypersonics guidance requirements of the Conventional Prompt Strike Weapon System
- Deliver a navigation solution that optimizes the system for size, weight, and power while maintaining flight test accuracy requirements needed to meet CPS accuracy performance requirements. Analyze, design, deliver, and test iterations of alternate navigation aid and sensors to facilitate non-GPS dependent navigation accuracy
- Perform technical trade studies to assess the navigation requirements and capabilities necessary to incorporate multiple navigation and alternate navigation signal inputs to improve system performance and probability of arrival
Contracting Office Address: Paul Sheffield, 1250 10th Street S.E., Suite 3600, Washington Navy Yard, 20374-5127
Place of Performance: At the contractor's facility.