NOTICE TYPE: THIS SOURCES SOUGHT IS FOR INFORMATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY. THIS IS NOT A REQUEST FOR PROPOSAL. IT DOES NOT CONSTITUTE A SOLICITATION AND SHALL NOT BE CONSTRUED AS A COMMITMENT BY THE GOVERNMENT. RESPONSES IN ANY FORM ARE NOT OFFERS AND THE GOVERNMENT IS UNDER NO OBLIGATION TO AWARD A CONTRACT AS A RESULT OF THIS ANNOUNCEMENT. NO FUNDS ARE AVAILABLE TO PAY FOR PREPARATION OF RESPONSES TO THIS ANNOUNCEMENT. ANY INFORMATION SUBMITTED BY RESPONDENTS TO THIS NOTICE IS STRICTLY VOLUNTARY. SHOULD A SOLICITATION BE ISSUED FOR THE DRAFT REQUIREMENT DESCRIBED HEREIN, IT WILL BE ISSUED PURSUANT TO THE ACQUISITION STRATEGY SELECTED BY THE CONTRACTING OFFICER. ALL INFORMATION RECEIVED IN RESPONSE TO THIS NOTICE WILL BE TREATED AS BUSINESS CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION AND EXEMPTED FROM DISCLOSURE UNDER THE FREEDOM OF INFORMATION ACT. NONETHELESS, SUBMITTERS SHOULD PROPERLY MARK THEIR RESPONSES IF THE INFORMATION IS PROPRIETARY.
The HQMC Fiscal Division, Accounting and Financial Systems Branch’s (RFA) mission is to “support warfighting excellence through a strong business enterprise that is powered by accurate, timely, and relevant financial information and drives validated and defendable financial statements; oversee all matters pertaining to General Fund accounting policy, financial accounting, analysis, and reporting, and accounting information systems to support Marine Corps activities and operations worldwide; and provide technical advice and assistance to the Fiscal Director of the Marine Corps, the Deputy Commandant for Programs and Resources, and the Commandant to enable informed financial decisions.”
The Contractor is required to provide a variety of support in the following areas:
- Financial Systems Support;
- Administrative Assistance for Senior Leaders and the RFA Branch;
- Technical Writing Support; and
- Financial Audit Assistance.
USMC expects the financial systems support to change because USMC is currently transitioning its financial systems to system part of the Defense Agencies Initiative and therefore will refine its requirement based on future planning efforts.
The draft requirement is a follow-on requirement to the following incumbent contract: M00264-16-F-0059/GS10F0168W, awarded to MLT Systems LLC.
This contract is anticipated to have less than 5 FTEs.
2. PLACE OF PERFORMANCE:
All staff are offsite except staff assigned for work performed for PWS 5.2.
3. PERIOD OF PERFORMANCE:
The period of performance is expected to be for a one-year base period with four one-year option periods, if exercised. Performance is anticipated to begin on or around 18 January 2022.
The anticipated North American Industry Classification System Code (NAICS) for this requirement is 54219 ‘Other Accounting Services' with a size standard of $22 million.
5. RESPONSE INSTRUCTIONS:
Interested vendors are requested to include, at a minimum, the following information:
1. Name of Organization, Cage Code, Business Size Status, and E-mail address for the primary point of contact.
2. Contract vehicles that would be available to the Government for the procurement of these services, such as General Service Administration (GSA) Federal Supply Schedules (FSS), GSA OASIS, or any other Government Agency contract vehicles. (This information is for market research only and does not preclude your company from responding to this notice.)
3. Description of your organization’s capabilities, history, and experience with regards to all of the tasks outlined in the draft Performance Work Statement attached to this announcement. Provide a project description and dollar value for two or more comparable projects that (a) have been completed by your firm in the past five years or (b) are current projects with at least 1-year of performance (these descriptions are important as they will be used to determine your capability by the Government, vague or incomplete descriptions will render your firm not capable).
4. If applicable, highlight staff USMC financial management experience or financial management experience with Defense Agencies Initiative applications/systems (optional).
5. Provide an estimated total cost associated with meeting this requirement and include justification (optional).
6. Provide recommendations, with supporting rationale on the draft requirements (optional). Any additional comments about the specifics of this sources sought notice (optional). Provide recommendations on the appropriate NAICS for the draft PWS requirement.
Submissions that do not address items 1-3 from the above list will not be reviewed.
The Marine Corps encourages submissions to be thorough, detailed and sufficiently tailored to this announcement.
Responses are limited to 5 pages including graphics. Cover Page not included.
VENDORS WHO WISH TO RESPOND TO THIS SOURCES SOUGHT SHOULD SEND RESPONSES VIA E-MAIL NLT 19 APRIL 2021 10:00 AM (LOCAL D.C. TIME) TO RICHARD.P.BEAN@USMC.MIL.
Proprietary information and trade secrets, if any, must be clearly marked on all materials. All information received that is marked Proprietary will be handled accordingly. Please be advised that all submissions become Government property and will not be returned. All government and contractor personal reviewing RFI responses will have signed non-disclosure agreements and understand their responsibility for proper use and protection from unauthorized disclosure of proprietary information as described 41 USC 423. The Government shall not be held liable for any damages incurred if proprietary information is not properly identified.