Sources Sought for MEAD Warfare Analysis Engineering Services for Naval Air Warfare Center Aircraft Division (NAWCAD) Mission Engineering Analysis Department
The Mission Engineering & Analysis Department (MEAD), a department within the Digital Analytics Infrastructure and Technology Advancement (DAiTA) Group under the Naval Air Warfare Center Aircraft Division (NAWCAD), serves as NAVAIR’s competency and authoritative source for naval aviation warfare analysis, providing Modeling, Simulation and Analysis (MS&A) support to NAVAIR program offices, OPNAV, and the fleet for analytically defendable acquisition decisions and acquisition program execution. Within acquisition programs, warfare analysis is used to ensure engineering level performance and design are in fact meeting campaign, mission, and engagement level warfighting capability requirements. Using campaign, mission and engagement level models as a foundation, MEAD assesses weapon systems in the context of Major Combat Operations (MCOs) to support capabilities based acquisition.
The MEAD has a requirement for contractor support services to provide warfare analysis, associated M&S and software development, architectures builds and assessments, acquisition analysis and support, analytic program support and other associated activities as defined in the attached DRAFT Statement of Work (SOW) to support naval and joint warfighting capability assessments and M&S is required to support and enhance Government and military warfighting analytic efforts that are conducted in support of MEAD, Program Executive Offices (PEOs), the Naval Aviation Enterprise (NAE), Foreign Military Sales (FMS), and OPNAV.
PLACE OF PERFORMANCE
An estimated 20 percent of the work will be performed at the government site and will leverage alternating schedules based on as-needed on-site requirements. The remaining estimated 80 percent of the work will be performed either via telework or at contractor site. Contractors performing on-site support will be provided equipment necessary to carry out assigned tasks (examples include but are not limited to: access to workspaces, telephones, printers, facsimile machines, copy machines, shredders, computers, and network access including web servers and applicable databases or other applications). The principal place of performance for Government site is Naval Air Station Patuxent River, MD.
THIS SOURCES SOUGHT IS FOR INFORMATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY. THIS IS NOT A REQUEST FOR PROPOSAL. IT DOES NOT CONSTITUTE A SOLICITATION AND SHALL NOT BE CONSTRUED AS A COMMITMENT BY THE GOVERNMENT. RESPONSES IN ANY FORM ARE NOT OFFERS AND THE GOVERNMENT IS UNDER NO OBLIGATION TO AWARD A CONTRACT AS A RESULT OF THIS ANNOUNCEMENT. NO FUNDS ARE AVAILABLE TO PAY FOR PREPARATION OF RESPONSES TO THIS ANNOUNCEMENT. ANY INFORMATION SUBMITTED BY RESPONDENTS TO THIS TECHNICAL DESCRIPTION IS STRICTLY VOLUNTARY.
- Current Contractor and Contract:
ManTech Advanced Systems International: N00421-17-D-0036
- Anticipated Contract Type: Single Award Cost-Plus-Fixed-Fee (CPFF) Indefinite Delivery / Indefinite Quantity (ID/IQ)
- Anticipated Level of Effort: 30-50 FTEs per year for 5 years
- Estimated ODCs for Materials: $100K per year
- Estimated Travel: $1,000,000.00 per year
- Anticipated Period of Performance: 1 April 2022 – 31 March 2027
- Security Classification: Facility Clearance TOP SECRET / Safeguarding TOP SECRET
- See attached Draft Statement of Work (SOW).
- Security; All contractor personnel shall have the ability to obtain a SECRET or TOP SECRET clearance as identified by the Government. Individual employees may be required to support Special Compartmentalized Information (SCI) requirements. Facility Clearance level of TOP SECRET.
- NAWCAD anticipates conducting this acquisition using FAR Part 15 Fair Opportunity procedures under the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR). The use of this fair opportunity process does not obligate the Government to determine a competitive range, conduct discussions with any contractors, solicit proposals or revisions thereto, or use any other source selection techniques associated with FAR subpart 15.3.
- Offerors MUST have an adequate accounting system in accordance with FAR 16.301-3(a)(3) in order to be eligible for award of a cost-type contract.
The anticipated NAICS code for this requirement is 541330 with a size standard of $41.5M. The anticipated product service code (PSC) is AC13: R&D- Defense System: Aircraft (Management /Support). Interested small businesses that are qualified as a small business concern under the NAICS 541330, within a size standard of $41.5M, are encouraged to submit their capability packages and should identify their company’s small business size standard based on that code. An organization that is not considered a small business under the applicable NAICS code should not submit a response to this notice. Small businesses must demonstrate the ability to perform at least 50% of the cost of contract performance as the prime contractor in accordance with FAR 52.219-14 Limitations on Subcontracting.
Interested businesses should submit a brief capabilities statement package (no more than 12 pages in length, single spaced, and 12-point font minimum) demonstrating the ability to perform the services identified in the attached Draft SOW. The package must address, at a minimum, the following:
1) Prior/current corporate experience performing efforts of similar size and scope within the last 5 years, including contract number, organization supported, indication of whether as a prime or a subcontractor, contract value, Government point of contact, and a brief description of how the referenced contract relates to the services described in the draft SOW;
2) Company profile to include number of employees, annual revenue history, office location, DUNS number, and a statement regarding current size status;
3) The company’s ability to perform 50% of the work as the prime;
4) Resources available such as corporate management and currently employed personnel to be assigned to tasks under this effort to include personnel qualifications, specific experience of such personnel and the ability to have personnel located at the performance sites specified;
5) The company’s ability to begin performance upon the anticipated contract start date of 1 April 2022
6) A statement regarding capability to provide the required security clearances and to maintain such required clearances.
7) A statement regarding facilities capabilities to perform TOP SECRET requirements. Include additional statement regarding current connectivity to Government networks from Contractor site.
The capability statement package submissions must be received no later than 2:00 PM Eastern Time on 28 January 2021. No phone calls will be accepted.
All responses must include the following information: Company name, Company address, CAGE code, Company business size, point of contact name, phone number, fax number and email address.