This announcement constitutes a Sources Sought Synopsis (market survey). This is not a request for quote (RFQ) or a request for proposal (RFP). This announcement is for information and planning purposes only and is not to be construed as a commitment by the Government, implied or otherwise, to issue a solicitation or award a contract.
The Government will not pay for any cost incurred in responding to this announcement. Any information submitted by respondents to this Sources Sought synopsis shall be voluntary.
This Sources Sought Notice is for Market Research purposes only. The information submitted in response to the Sources Sought Notice will not be utilized to determine vendor standing in any future/potential Request for Quote/Request for Proposal, nor will it be utilized to determine if a vendor is qualified to submit a Request for Quote/Request for Proposal for any future/potential requirement. The notice and the information received shall not be used to determine how well respondents can perform a requirement, which can only be evaluated in response to a solicitation. Vendors will not receive formal notification or feedback on any information submitted in this Sources Sought request. All future/proposed submissions/solicitations requirements solicited on a Government Point of Entry will be evaluated independent of any information submitted in response to this Sources Sought Notice. No vendor will be provided information on solicitations issued on a Government Point of Entry based on this Sources Sought request.
This Sources Sought Notice is relative to the NAICS code 611699. The Small Business size standard for this NAICS code is $12,000,000. Large and Small Businesses are invited to answer this market survey to determine market capabilities.
Hurlburt Field, FL, is conducting market research to determine the existence of potential sources to provide a vertical wind tunnel (VWT)/military free fall simulator facility/training, without an instructor (, at one of the below locations
- Within 60 miles of Ft Bragg, NC.
- Within 60 miles of Joint Base Lewis McChord, WA.
- Within 400 miles of Cannon AFB, NM.
- Within 400 miles of Hurlburt Field, FL.
This training will include every aspect of military free fall (MFF) parachuting.
The potential requirement will consist of the contractor providing all of the following qualifications/requirements for the below listed services:
- Facility Requirements
- The contractor shall provide a secure area for military personnel to conduct wind tunnel training and instruction. Facility shall be sufficient in size to accommodate multiple personnel performing relative work (RW) training. The contractor shall provide a clean, effective facility for the conduct of vertical wind tunnel training. User requires access to classroom spaces for debriefing purposes. Specific requirements are as follows:
- The VWT shall:
- Meet or exceed 14 feet in diameter, 52 feet in height, and contain a climate controlled recirculating flight chamber.
- Accommodate four (4) students at one time.
- Provide a wind tunnel that incorporates a make-up air system, allowing the antechamber to remain open while the tunnel still runs.
- Facility wind speed will be sufficient to lift a parachutist wearing tunnel-safe parachutes and equipment bags.
- Contractor shall provide classroom facilities to accommodate thirty (30) students.
- Classroom facilities shall be equipped with a large, high definition screen for viewing and assessment of training videos.
- Contractor shall provide MFF VWT Safe Rig for each student training in the VWT
- Video Recording and Playback
- Contractor shall provide equipment and personnel necessary to perform video recording and playback capabilities of all VWT training events.
- The contractor shall provide the capability for recording and playback to occur concurrently.
- Contractor shall provide a standalone video replay system that does not connect to the internet
- A large, high definition viewing area/screen shall be provided in order to adequately assess student performance. This equipment shall be located in the classroom.
NOTE: Please submit electronic response indicating capability to supply the aforementioned item(s) via line card or published description (no more than 10 pages) as well as POC (name, telephone # and email address) along with contractor's CAGE, DUNS, and the physical location of your facility to the individuals listed within this notice.
All work shall be performed at the contractor's facility. This request may not directly lead to a Request for Quotation/Proposal. Deadline for submission is 1200. CST, 9 April 2021.
Any interested party who can offer all of the above may submit electronic reply addressing each of the above items.
Response deadline: 1200. CST, 9 April 2021
Where to send responses:
ATTN: Jaime Collins, E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, Phone: 850-884-6007
William Lawson, E-mail: email@example.com, Phone: 850-884-0732
223 Cody Ave, Hurlburt Field, FL 32544