Project Title: Design-Build 7th SFG Aquatic Training Center
Project Number: FTFA 16-1071
The United States Air Force (USAF), Air Force Test Center (AFTC) at Eglin AFB, FL is currently conducting market research seeking capabilities statements from potential sources, including small businesses (SB), 8(a), HUBZone, Economically Disadvantaged Woman-Owned (EDWOSB), Woman- Owned (WOSB), Service Disabled Veteran Owned (SDVOSB) small business that are capable of providing design and construction services to Design-Build 7th SFG Aquatic Training Center at Eglin AFB FL.
All interested vendors shall submit a response demonstrating their capability to Design-Build real property to the primary Point of Contact listed below. Proposals are not being requested or accepted at this time. As stipulated in FAR 15.201(e), responses to this notice are not considered offers and cannot be accepted by the Government to form a binding contract. No solicitation (Request for Proposal) exists at this time; therefore, do not request a copy of the solicitation. The decision to solicit for a contract shall be solely within the Government’s discretion.
The NAICS Code assigned to this acquisition is 236220 Commercial and Institutional Building Construction, with a size standard of 39.5M. The Disclosure of Magnitude for this project is between $1,000,000 – $5,000,000. Work to be included in this project consists of:
- Design of Aquatic Training Facility and associated site work and utilities: This project consists of furnishing all materials, plant, tools, labor, and associated incidentals necessary to complete the design of the Pool with concrete deck, Pool Support Facility, and associated site work. To include, design for all associated geotechnical, structural, architectural, mechanical, plumbing, electrical, and all civil site work.
- Construction of Aquatic Training Facility and associated site work and utilities: This project consists of furnishing all materials, plant, tools, labor, and associated incidentals necessary to complete the design of the Pool with concrete deck, Pool Support Facility, and associated site work. To include, construction for all associated geotechnical, structural, architectural, mechanical, plumbing, electrical, and all civil site work.
- With the ability to incorporate the following options:
- Option No. 1
- “Design of the Subsurface Pool Lighting”
- “Construction of Subsurface Pool Lighting”
- Option No. 2
- “Design of Pool Subsurface Viewing Area”
- “Construction of Pool Subsurface Viewing Area”
- Option No. 1
- Option No. 3
- “Design of Pool Enclosure Wall”
- “Construction of Pool Enclosure Wall”
- Option No. 4
- “Design of Pool Canopy’
- “Construction of Pool Canopy”
- Option No. 5
- “Design of Pool Exterior Lighting”
- “Construction of Pool Exterior Lighting”
- Option No. 6
- “Design of Diving Platform
- “Construction of Diving Platform”
- Option No. 3
Respondents should indicate their size in relation to this size standard and indicate socio-economic status (i.e. SB, 8(a), HUBZone, EDWOSB, WOSB, or SDVOSB). Respondents are further requested to indicate their status as a Foreign-owned/Foreign-controlled firm and any contemplated use of foreign national employees on this effort. The Government reserves the right to consider a small business set- aside based upon responses hereto for any subsequent action. All prospective contractors must be registered in the System for Award Management (SAM) database to be awarded a DoD contract. No set- aside decision has been made. Note that a key factor in determining an acquisition to be a Small Business Set Aside is that small business prime contractors must perform at least 15% for general construction and 25% for construction by special trade contractors as defined in FAR Clause 52.219-14.
Any information submitted by respondents to this sources sought is voluntary. This sources sought notice is not to be construed as a commitment by the Government, nor will the Government reimburse any costs associated with the submission of information in response to this notice. Respondents will not be individually notified of the results of any government assessments. The Government’s assessment of the capability statements received will factor into whether any forthcoming solicitation will be conducted as a full and open competition or as a set-aside for small business, or any particular small business program.
CAPABILITIES STATEMENT: All interested vendors shall submit a capabilities statement that explicitly demonstrates their capability to provide/perform the requirement stated in this notice. The capabilities statement should be brief and concise, yet clearly demonstrate an ability to meet the stated requirement by providing past performance documentation specifically related to capable of providing design and construction services of an Aquatic Training Center and that 236220 NAICS code is your company’s primary code. Respondents should provide capabilities of past projects where the main discipline was design and construction services of an Aquatic Training Center. The government is seeking contractors whose primary focus is design and construction services of an Aquatic Training Center. Specifically, the government is seeking contractors whose primary NAICS is 236220. Responses must not exceed 15 pages.
Small businesses with only partial capabilities of this requirement are encouraged to submit their capabilities statement demonstrating the portion of the requirement they are capable of providing/performing. This information will allow the Government to identify areas of possible breakout or possible subcontracting opportunities.
Responses shall be submitted electronically to the following e-mail address: email@example.com. All correspondence sent via email shall contain a subject line that reads FTFA 16-1071, Design-Build 7th SFG Aquatic Training Center. If this subject line is not included, the e-mail may not get through e-mail filters at Eglin AFB. Filters are designed to delete emails without a subject or with a suspicious subject or attachment. Attachments with files ending in .zip or .exe are not allowable and will be deleted. Ensure only .pdf, .doc, .docx, .xsls, or .xls documents are attached to your email. All other attachments may be deleted.
RESPONSES ARE DUE NO LATER THAN 3:00 P.M. (CST) Tuesday, 20 April 2021. Direct all questions concerning this requirement to Duran Chapman at firstname.lastname@example.org.