The Government is conducting market research to identify potential sources that possess the production data, capabilities, and experience to meet qualification requirements for the production of the B-52 Engine Nose Cowl FOD Removal Fixture.
Fabricate two (2) "B-52 Engine Nose Cowl FOD Removal Fixture" per drawing X201961718.
• The first article shall be made as a prototype.
• The second article shall be fabricated only after Engineering has validated and verified (val/ver) the first article and made any necessary changes to the design of the fixture.
• The second article shall be fabricated only after Engineering has validated and verified (val/ver) the first article and made any necessary changes to the design of the fixture. An updated drawing will be furnished to the contractor if changes are made.
• The second article shall be delivered no more than sixty (60) days after Engineering has val/ver the first. Engineering shall val/ver the first article within thirty (30) days after delivery.
• Deliver fully assembled or the contractor shall fully assemble the fixtures upon delivery on-site.
• All substitutions or deviations from drawing must be approved by Technical POC (Engineering).
• Delivery shall be directly to Building 2121, addressed to the 565th AMXS Tool Crib.
• Contractor must have access to all standards or specifications referenced in the drawing X201961718.
• For the purposes of the correction of fabrication errors and/or discussion of design changes, the contractor shall be available for no more than three (3) on-site visits of one business day or less.
• Any operations manuals, technical information, instruction guidance, etc. included with Consumer Off-The-Shelf (COTS) items on the fixtures shall be furnished by the contractor to Engineering
• All welders must be AWS Certified Welders (CW) with at least 5 years’ experience.
Parts which include Geometric Dimensions and Tolerance (GD&T / GDT) must be fabricated by personnel who have received formal GD&T training with experience machining GD&T parts.
• Components which re-quire electrical wiring must be inspected by a licensed electrician. Contractor must have access to all standards or specifications referenced in the drawing X201961718.