1. The 502d Contracting Squadron, Joint Base San Antonio-Randolph, TX office is conducting a market survey to determine the capability and availability of sources to manufacture and deliver metal name tags for the United States Air Force (USAF) Basic Military Training (BMT) Service Dress Uniform. Production will include engraving.
The North American Industry Classification System Code (NAICS) for this acquisition is 332999, All Other Miscellaneous Fabricated Metal Product Manufacturing with a small business size standard of 750 employees. At this time the government anticipates setting aside the requirement for 100% small businesses participation only.
2. Summary of Project Scope:
The contractor shall provide all personnel, equipment, tools, materials, supervision, and other items necessary to make metal USAF name tags in accordance with The Institute of Heraldry (TIOH) specifications for approximately 29,000 trainees or prior service personnel per year at JBSA-Lackland, TX. The name tags will be engraved with the last name of the trainee/prior service personnel.
The name tag will be made of Brass or Nickel Silver (Name Plate) with Plastic (Attaching Insert). The Dimensions will be Height (Overall) ¾ inch. Width (Overall) 3 inches, Thickness (Name Plate) 0.025 inch (+/- 0.005 inch) and Thickness (Overall) 0.105 inch (+/- 0.005 inch). The Finish shall be Nickel Plated, Silver Plated, and Matte Finish with a brushed silver finish.
Attaching device shall be prong and clutch type. Location shall be as follows: Two prongs shall be located on the horizontal center line 9/16 inch from each end of the plastic edge and be 3/8 inch in length.
Lettering shall be standard block or SL513 Portuguese font engraved in all capital letters and is ¼ inch in height. When a lower case letter is specified in the order, the letter shall be 1/8 inch in height. The lines forming the letter shall use no less than 0.030 inch or more than 0.040 cutting head.
3. All orders shall be delivered to JBSA Lackland AFB, TX within (14) calendar days of receipt of order.
4. The purpose of this Sources Sought notice is to query the market for potential interested, capable, responsible, and qualified commercial small business offerors able to perform the stated requirement. The government is interested in collecting market data/information in accordance with Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) Part 10, Market Research, from potential sources that have the capability to manufacture and/or produce USAF metal name tags that are in compliance with TIOH manufacturing standards and certifications for the production of the USAF metal name tags.
Interested and/or potential small business offerors are requested and encouraged to complete the Market Survey/Questionnaire below, and email to email@example.com not later than 3:00PM Central Time on 73 January 2021. Responses may also be mailed to 502 CONS/JBKCA, ATTN: Vivian Fisher, 395 B Street West, Suite 2, JBSA-Randolph AFB, TX 78150-4525 (email is preferred method as most employees are teleworking).
5. THIS IS NOT A SOLICITATION FOR PROPOSALS OR QUOTES; a decision to respond to this notice should be made voluntarily with no expectation of reimbursement for costs incurred in preparing the response. The Government's evaluation of responses received will help determine whether any forthcoming solicitation will be conducted as a full and open competition or as a set-aside for small businesses.
6. IF A SOLICITATION IS ISSUED IT WILL BE ANNOUNCED LATER, and all interested parties must respond to that solicitation announcement separately from the responses to this announcement.
USAF METAL NAME TAGS
Name of point of contact: ______________________________________________
Phone number: ______________________________________________________
Email address: _______________________________________________________
a. Has your company held, received and/or met certification standards from The Institute of Heraldry (TIOH), U.S Army, for the manufacture or production of the USAF metal name tags within the last five (5) years? YES NO
If Yes, what is/was the date of your TIOH certification? _________________________ Please provide a copy of your certification/TIOH standards approval letter along with this survey/questionnaire.
b. Do you have the capability of making Metal Name Tags as described in paragraph 2 above? Brass or Nickel Silver (Name Plate) with Plastic (Attaching Insert). The Dimensions will be Height (Overall) ¾ inch. Width (Overall) 3 inches, Thickness (Name Plate) 0.025 inch (+/- 0.005 inch) and Thickness (Overall) 0.105 inch (+/- 0.005 inch). The Finish shall be Nickel Plated, Silver Plated, and Matte Finish with a brushed silver finish.
c. Do you have the capacity to produce, engrave and deliver up to 1,050 Metal Name Tags per week? (Based on a regular AF roster containing approximately 15-70 names per roster/flight with an average of 12-20 flights per week. The prior service roster will contain from 1-50 names.) YES NO Do you have the capability/resources to manufacture/produce a quantity of approximately 29,000 USAF metal name tags, per year? YES NO
d. What is your production lead time and/or delivery window from the time you receive a fax, email or telephone request for USAF metal name tags? ___________________________________________
5. Is your company a small business as defined by the Small Business Administration? If YES, what is/are your small business certification(s) and NAICS Code(s)?
6. Would you be interested in submitting a proposal in response to a request for proposal during the contemplated solicitation phase of this acquisition? YES NO
Active registration in the System for Award Management (SAM) database? YES NO
CAGE CODE: _________________________________________________
DUNS NUMBER: ______________________________________________