Request for Proposal
The USVBA is in the process of identifying DVBE companies that can provide Conference and Event Planning Services for Keeping the Promise 2019. The 19th annual conference will be held on May 7-8, 2019 in Orange County CA.
The USVBA will handle the below actions:
- 7 May 2019 Golf Tourney
- Special Guests/Speakers sourcing, invitation and travel
- Organization of all breakout sessions and facilitators
- All printable material and awards
- Specialty meetings for BOD/CAB
- MC’s and band
The conference is organized into options described below:
- Site Selection – Determine viable properties that meet the specification set by the USVBA Executive Director
- Room Block Management – Be able to actively monitor the hotel room block to avoid attrition. The USVBA ED will provide the required room block numbers.
- Leverage technology to communicate and keep USVBA corporate partners updated.
- Lower expenses by 30% by leveraging industry connections on behalf of the USVBA, through contract negotiations, F&B management and room block management.
- Be able to streamline time lines through an app that will show all events, speakers, vendors and registers.
- Vendor Management – Partners with qualified, experienced suppliers/buyer who are part of the DVBE program or veteran entrepreneurs who match well the incurred demographic. Clearly identify expectations while negotiating with vendors of all types including: transportation companies, keynote speakers, entertainment companies, decorators, photographers, audiovisual companies, and food/beverage outlets
- Expo hall management – Must have team experience when working with exhibitors from booth selection to developing all necessary documentation to lead retrieval.
- Match Making – Must have software to facilitate the selection process and manage the match making onsite
The USVBA is soliciting competitive bids from suppliers capable of providing DVBE event planning service for Keeping the Promise May 7-8, 2019 in Orange County
The event planning service RFP submitted may include bids from a single supplier or partnerships from multiple suppliers (i.e. different supplier for technology & Software/Services). RFP – This process is intended to receive the qualifications and price quotations for supplier event planning services Packages that meet the USVBA’s requirements. The USVBA will not limit the list of suppliers.
All Event Planning Services Must Meet Minimum Requirements:
Be a DVBE, certified by California Department of General Services
- Be current member or corporate partner of the USVBA
- Have three past references of work history for the USVBA to contact
- Be bonded and insured appropriately
- Have access to technology for match making, conference applications to show all events, speakers, exhibitors and time lines.
- Have a unique connection to hotels and venues in Orange County CA.
All interested companies with expertise, experience and the capability of providing high quality services for the above-mentioned work must respond to this Contract Opportunity Announcement in accordance with the schedule described below.
- 2 July 2018, RFQ due
- 3 August 2018, awardee notified
- 15 September 2018, Venues identified and preliminary site visit
- 30 September 2018, Room Block, F&B, Expo Hall, Training rooms and Venue negotiations complete
- 10 October 2018 – Special Guest/Speakers special invitations
- 15 October 2018, Tickets, Expo booths and Hotel rooms go on sale.
- 30 October 2018, Mobile device application goes live with corporate partners, sponsors, Exhibitors, timelines, events, speakers and registers profiles.
- 15 November 2018 – Match Making software and buyer/seller paring begin
- 15 December 2018 – Timeline finished and programs sent to print (USVBA)
- 15 January 2019 – Venue secondary site visit
- 1 April 2019 – VIP list announced.
- 15 April 2019 – Final venue site visit
Point of Contact for all matters:
Brock C. Kelly
Interim Executive Director
US Veteran Business Alliance