THIS IS A SOURCES SOUGHT NOTICE. NO SOLICITATION IS AVAILABLE AT THIS TIME. The purpose of this Sources Sought Notice is to identify potential sources capable of performing the effort described herein pursuant to FAR part 10, Market Research and FAR part 19, Small Business Programs. This is for planning purposes only.
Any information submitted by respondents to this Source Sought Notice is voluntary. The Air Force does not intend to award a contract on the basis of this notice or to otherwise pay for the information solicited. Respondents should not construe this notice as a commitment by the Air Force for any purpose, and should refrain from providing proprietary information in the response.
1. INTRODUCTION: This is the initial step in the planning process for a carport/structure for use as a motorcycle awning. The motorcycle awning will enhance the safety of our squadron members by ensuring their vehicles are kept in opportune conditions. The sun, rain, and snow can degrade exposed motorcycles making the seats and handlebars more difficult to grip and easier to lose control.
The 377 MSG/PKC at Kirtland Air Force Base seeks sources to furnish parts, material, labor, equipment and supervision necessary to build and install motorcycle awning for the 705th Combat Training Squadron located at Kirtland Air Force Base, New Mexico. The contractor shall meet all requirements discussed.
377 MSG/PKC anticipates conducting a competitive acquisition for this effort. The effort is expected to result in a Firm-Fixed-Price contract. NAICS code is anticipated to be 238190, size standard $16.5 Million.
2. INSTRUCTIONS: All businesses capable of providing a motorcycle awning are invited to respond electronically.
Responses shall include company name, address, DUNS number, CAGE code, point of contact with email address and telephone number, and indicate business size (small business, small disadvantaged business, service-disabled veteran-owned small business, economically disadvantaged woman-owned small business, woman-owned small business, or HUBZone) using NAICS 238190, size standard $16.5 Million. The Air Force reserves the right to consider a small business set-aside for any subsequent acquisition based upon responses to this notice. Small business respondents should provide a statement of capabilities to assist the Air Force in making a set-aside decision.
Statement of Capabilities are limited to 5 pages, and should demonstrate capability to furnish parts, material, labor, equipment and supervision necessary to build and install the motorcycle awning for the 705th Combat Training Squadron located at Kirtland Air Force Base, New Mexico.
Responses shall include pictures of examples and a Statement of Work. At a minimum, the Statement of Work needs to address the following:
The purpose of this requirement is to procure a carport/structure for use as a motorcycle awning as outlined in paragraph 2 for the 705th Combat Training Squadron at Kirtland AFB, NM.
- The structure will be of all metal construction.
- The frame will be 18 feet wide by at least 24 feet long and 7 feet high.
- The roof coverage will be at least 18 feet wide by 30 feet long.
- The structure will be rated to withstand 150 mph winds and 30lb/sqft snow load.
- The front and rear walls of the structure will be open.
- The structure will be anchored into the parking lot West of Building 942.
- The requirement includes the need for delivery and installation of the specified awning between the hours of 7:30am – 4:30pm on Monday – Friday.
- Deliver and install all products at the following location:
4500 Aberdeen Dr. SE
Kirtland AFB, NM 87117
Responses must be received no later than 1600 MDT, 14 April 2021, and addressed to Kevin Roybal, Contracting Officer at email@example.com, Thomas Breneiser, Contract Specialist at firstname.lastname@example.org.