THIS IS A SOURCES SOUGHT NOTICE ONLY. This is not a request for proposal and no contract will be awarded from this notice. There will not be a solicitation, specifications, or drawings available at this time. This notice is a market research tool used for planning purposes only to determine the availability and capability of small business sources.
Naval Facilities Engineering Systems Command Mid-Atlantic (NAVFACSYSCOM MIDLANT) is seeking Small Business, Small Disadvantaged Business, Women Owned Small Business, Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business, certified HUBZone Small Business, and certified 8(a) Businesses with current relevant qualifications, experience, personnel and capability to respond. Upon review of industry response to this Sources Sought Notice, the Government will determine whether a set-aside acquisition in lieu of full and open competition is in the best interest of the Government.
An Indefinite Delivery, Indefinite Quantity (IDIQ) contract with Non-Recurring services is anticipated. The total contract term will be for a base period, and four, one-year option periods, which shall not exceed sixty months. The Contractor shall provide all labor, supervision, management, tools, materials, equipment, facilities, transportation, incidental personnel, and other items necessary for forklift and man lift rental services. The work is primarily located in the Hampton Roads Virginia area, including: Naval Station Norfolk, Virginia; Joint Base Little Creek / Fort Story, Norfolk VA., Virginia Beach, Virginia; Naval Air Station Oceana, Virginia Beach, VA. Including Dam Neck Naval Training Center, Virginia Beach, Virginia; Naval Weapons Station Yorktown, York County, VA. Including Cheatham Annex, Williamsburg, Virginia; Norfolk Naval Shipyard, Portsmouth, VA. Including Portsmouth Naval Hospital, and St. Julians Creek Annex, Portsmouth Virginia. Other areas within a 50-mile radius may be included.
General Work Requirements:
The Contractor shall plan and schedule work to assure material, labor, and equipment are available to complete work requirements within the specified time limits and in conformance with the quality standards. The contractor shall also:
– Provide forklifts and aerial platforms for various lengths: daily, weekly or monthly.
– Provide non-side and side shift forklifts with various lift capacities.
-Provide articulating and non-articulating aerial platform personnel lifts of various footages.
All Small Business, Small Disadvantaged Business, Women Owned Small Business, Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business, certified HUBZone Small Business, and certified 8(a) Businesses are encouraged to respond. The Government will not pay for any information solicited. Respondents will not be notified of the results of the evaluation. The appropriate NAICS Code is 532490 with a small business size standard of $35 million.
It is requested that interested parties submit a brief capabilities package, not to exceed five (5) pages. This capabilities package shall address, at a minimum the following:
(1) Examples of projects worked within the last five (5) years of similar size, scope and complexity as the work indicated. Knowledge of the state regulations within the area of responsibility (AOR). Indicate whether your firm worked as a prime or subcontractor, contract value, brief description of how the referenced contract relates to the work described, and a Government / Agency point of contact.
Size: A Forklift and Man lift Aerial Platform rental services contract with an annual value of at least $150,000 or greater. Indefinite Quantity/Indefinite Delivery values for non-recurring work will be considered.
Scope: Demonstrate the ability to provide various forklift and man lift aerial platform rental services.
Complexity: Demonstrate the ability to respond simultaneously to requests for multiple forklifts and man lifts for various timeframes.
(2) Company profile, to include number of offices and number of employees per office, annual receipts, office location(s), DUNS number, and CAGE Code.
(3) Please indicate if you are a Small Business, Small Disadvantaged Business, Women Owned Small Business, Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business, certified HUBZone Small Business or certified 8(a) Business.
(4) In order to assist us in determining the geographic boundaries of the contract(s) necessary to cover the services of the proposed requirement within our AOR, please identify the geographic area in which you can operate in an efficient and economical manner.
The capabilities package for this sources sought notice is not expected to be a proposal, but rather a short statement regarding the company’s ability to demonstrate existing, or developed, expertise and experience in relation to this contract. Any commercial brochures or currently existing marketing material may also be submitted with the capabilities package. Submission of a capabilities package is not a prerequisite to any potential future offerings, but participation will assist the Navy in tailoring requirements to be consistent with industry capabilities.
Responses to this Sources Sought Notice shall be submitted electronically. Please email to email@example.com. Responses must be received no later than 5:00 PM Eastern Standard Time on April 20, 2021. LATE RESPONSES WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED. Questions regarding this sources sought notice may be addressed to Krystal Goodman at the above address, email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or via telephone at (757) 341-1657.