Page 5 of 5
THIS REQUEST FOR INFORMATION (RFI) IS ISSUED SOLELY FOR INFORMATION AND PLANNING PURPOSES ONLY AND DOES NOT CONSTITUTE A SOLICITATION.
THE SUBMISSION OF PRICING, CAPABILITIES FOR PLANNING PURPOSES, AND OTHER MARKET INFORMATION IS HIGHLY ENCOURAGED AND ALLOWED UNDER THIS RFI IN ACCORDANCE WITH (IAW) FAR 15.201(e).
This RFI is issued solely for information and planning purposes only and does not constitute a solicitation. All information received in response to this RFI that is marked as proprietary will be handled accordingly. IAW FAR 15.201(e), responses to this notice are not offers and cannot be accepted by the Government to form a binding contract. Responders are solely responsible for all expenses associated with responding to this RFI.
SOURCES SOUGHT DESCRIPTION
This is NOT a solicitation announcement. This is a sources sought/RFI only. The purpose of this sources sought/RFI is to gain knowledge of potential qualified sources and their size classification relative to NAICS 519190 (size standard of $30.0 Million). Responses to this sources sought will be used by the Government to make appropriate acquisition decisions. After review of the responses to this sources sought, a solicitation announcement may be published. Responses to this sources sought synopsis are not considered adequate responses for a solicitation announcement.
The Department of Veterans Affairs (VA), VISN 22 Network Contracting Office, is seeking sources that can provide a Medical Product Research and Benchmarking Application and
Database that at a minimum meets the following Statement of Work for the VA Greater Los Angeles Healthcare System:
STATEMENT OF WORK/SPECIFICATIONS
The purpose of this Statement of Work (SOW) is to outline the tasks and responsibilities of the successful offeror in relation to the VA Greater Los Angeles Healthcare System research tool for purchases made within the Department.
The VAGLAHS at 11301 Wilshire Blvd, CA 90073 is part of the Desert Pacific Healthcare Network (VISN 22), and is one of the most diversified tertiary health care providers in the VA. It is a teaching hospital, providing a full range of patient services, with state-of-the art technology as well as education and research. As such, instruments and products are constantly needed to stay current with the newest methodologies and practices in lab. This request will allow the Department to have a more realistic idea of the costs and see which vendors offer the most competitive prices.
The research tool will be used to compare the cost of instrumentation and laboratory products the VA is looking to purchase. This will aid in the VA receiving the most reasonable and fair price in the market. Due to the type of testing coming in house this is essential as many items can become very costly. This tool will allow us the ability to check if the information received directly from the vendor is our best offer, or if additional discounts can be granted.
Place of Performance.
VA Greater Los Angele Healthcare System
11301 Wilshire Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90073
Period of Performance.
One (1) Year Base Period starting on 4/13/2021 with the Government having the option to exercise (4) four (1) one-year renewal periods in conjunction with 52.217-9.
Base Year 4/13/2021 to 4/12/2022
Option Year 1 4/13/2022 to 4/12/2023
Option Year 2 4/13/2023 to 4/12/2024
Option Year 3 4/13/2024 to 4/12/2025
Option Year 4 4/13/2025 to 4/12/2026
The information identified above is intended to be descriptive, not restrictive and to indicate the quality of the supplies/services that will be satisfactory. It is the responsibility of the interested source to demonstrate to the government that the interested parties can provide the supplies/services that fulfill the required specifications.
If you are interested, and are capable of providing the sought out supplies/services, please provide the requested information as well as the information indicated below. Response to this notice should include company name, address, point of contact, size of business pursuant to the following questions:
(1) Please indicate the size status and representations of your business, such as but not limited to: Service-Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business (SDVOSB), Veteran Owned Small Business (VOSB), HUBZone, Woman Owned Small Business (WOSB), Large Business, etc.
(2) Is your company considered small under the NAICS code identified under this RFI?
(3) Are you the manufacturer or distributor of the items being referenced above (or equivalent product/solution)? What is the manufacturing country of origin of these items?
(4) If you re a small business and you are an authorized distributor/reseller for the items identified above (or equivalent product/solution), do you alter; assemble; modify; the items requested in any way? If you do, state how and what is altered; assembled; modified?
(5) Does your company have an FSS contract with GSA or the NAC or are you a contract holder with NASA SEWP or any other federal contract? If so, please provide the contract type and number.
(6) If you are an FSS GSA/NAC or NASA SEWP contract holder or other federal contract holder, are the referenced items/solutions available on your schedule/contract?
(7) Please provide general pricing for your products/solutions for market research purposes.
(8) Please state your company s DUNS number.
(9) Please submit your capabilities in regard to the salient characteristics being provided and any information pertaining to equal to items to establish capabilities for planning purposes?
*** Submissions addressing Section (9) should show clear, compelling and convincing*** evidence that all equal to items” meet all required salient characteristics.
Responses to this notice shall be submitted via email to Daniel.Ruiz@va.gov. Telephone responses shall not be accepted. Responses must be received no later than Tuesday, March 30, 2021 at 12:00 p.m. PST. If a solicitation is issued it shall be announced at a later date, and all interested parties must respond to that solicitation announcement separately from the responses to this request for information. Responses to this notice are not a request to be added to a prospective bidders list or to receive a copy of the solicitation.