THIS REQUEST FOR INFORMATION (RFI) SOURCES SOUGHT IS ISSUED SOLELY FOR MARKET RESEARCH AND PLANNING PURPOSES ONLY AND DOES NOT CONSTITUTE A SOLICITATION.
1. Responses to this Sources Sought must be in writing. The purpose of this Sources Sought Announcement is for market research only to make appropriate acquisition decisions and to gain knowledge of Small Business Capability, including Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Businesses and Veteran Owned Small Businesses (SDVOSB/VOSB) interested and capable of performing the work.
2. The NAICS/PSC for this requirement is:
NAICS: 811219 Other Electronic and Precision Equipment Repair and Maintenance
PSC: Q702 Technical Medical Support
Description of Requirement: Stryker ProCare Services and On-Site Specialized Technician for the Surgical Endoscopy Government owned equipment for the VA San Diego Healthcare System (VASDHS).
3. Interested and capable Contractors should respond to this notice not later than Monday, March 29, 2021 at 10:00 AM PDT by providing a Capabilities Statement via email only to Soledad De La Torre, Contract Specialist, at Soledad.Delatorre@va.gov with the following information:
(a) company name
(c) point of contact
(d) phone, fax, and email of primary point of contact
(e) DUNS number
(f) Type of small business, if applicable, (e.g. Services Disabled Veteran Owned small Business(SDVOSB), Veteran-owned small business (VOSB), 8(a), HUB-Zone, Women Owned Small Business, Small disadvantaged business, or Small Business).
(g) A capability statement that addresses the organization s qualifications and ability to perform as a contractor specifically for the work described in paragraph 5 below. Respondents are also encouraged to provide specific examples (e.g. contract number, point of contact information) of the Contractor s experience providing the same or similar supplies/services to that described in paragraph 5 below.
4. SDVOSB/VOSB respondents.
(a) If respondent is VOSB or SDVOSB, respondent is encouraged to provide proof of www.vetbiz.gov certification. In addition, SDVOSB/VOSB Contractors are asked to acknowledge that they understand the limitations on sub-contracting pursuant to FAR 52.219-14, Limitations on Sub-Contracting, which will be included in the impending solicitation. Further SDVOSB/VOSB contractors are asked to respond that they are capable of providing the requested services keeping within the parameters of this clause.
(b) Small businesses, including SDVOSB/VOSBS are also advised that per 13 CFR, Ã‚Â§ 125.6 the prime contractor’s limitations on subcontracting are as follows:
(1) General. In order to be awarded a full or partial small business set-aside contract with a value greater than $150,000, an 8(a) contract, an SDVO SBC contract, a HUBZone contract, a WOSB or EDWOSB contract pursuant to part 127 of this chapter, a small business concern must agree that:
(2) In the case of a contract for services (except construction), it will not pay more than 50% of the amount paid by the government to it to firms that are not similarly situated. Any work that a similarly situated subcontractor further subcontracts will count towards the 50% subcontract amount that cannot be exceeded.
5. Please note that if VA s pending market research establishes that two or more VOSB or SDVOSB, who are certified in VA s Vendor Information Pages (VIP) site https://www.vip.vetbiz.gov/, and can provide the services, VA will set aside the underlying solicitation per 38 U.S.C. Ã‚Â§8127.Ã‚Â
6. All Offerors who provide goods or services to the United States Federal Government must be registered in the System for Award Management (SAM) database found at https://www.sam.gov. Registration must include Representations and Certifications.
(End of Sources Sought Announcement)