Sources Sought Notice for WatchPAT 300 Home Sleep Apnea Test System
The Department of Veterans Affairs, Network Contracting Office 21 is conducting market research to identify potential sources capable of providing a Home Sleep Apnea Test System (HSAT) for VA beneficiaries in the San Francisco, CA area.
The proposed NAICS Code is 339112, Surgical and Medical Instrument Manufacturing, and the corresponding small business size is 1,000 employees.
Salient Characteristics of WatchPAT 300:
WatchPAT 300 is an FDA-cleared, in-home apnea testing device which utilizes the proprietary Peripheral Arterial Tone signal, a measure approved for use in apnea testing in the 2017 AASM HSAT Clinical Practice guidelines. This measure allows for accurate and reliable sleep apnea testing while avoiding the complexity and discomfort associated with traditional airflow-based systems. This allows participants to apply the device at home with a documented 98% study success rate and 89% correlation to PSG. The device contains seven channels with four different respiratory indices and measures sleep staging. By analyzing sleep and wake states, the device can calculate the AHI and RDI based on true sleep time rather than the total recording time, thus reducing the risk of misdiagnosis and misclassification that has been reported up to 20% of the time when based on total recording time. It can identify central sleep apnea from other apnea and hyper apnea events through use of its sensor and an algorithm.
All capable businesses are encouraged to reply. Responses shall include:
- Business Name:
- Point of Contact:
- Phone Number:
- E-mail Address:
- DUNS Number:
- CAGE Code:
- Web Page URL:
State whether your company is:
- HUB Zone Certified
- 8(a) Certified
- Small Business
- Woman Owned Small Business
- Small Disadvantaged Business
- Veteran Owned Small Business
- Service-Disabled Veteran Small Business
- Large Business
- Registered in System for Award Management (SAM)
- Does your firm have a GSA contract?
- If so, please provide GSA contract information (contract #, owner, business size)
- Please provide a statement as to whether your company is domestically or foreign owned (if foreign, please indicate the country of ownership).
- Are you an authorized dealer of the WatchPat 300 System?
- If not, does your firm offer a product similar to WatchPat 300?
- If your answer is no, please submit product data on an ‘or equal’ product to the WatchPat 300.
This is a SOURCES SOUGHT announcement only. It is NOT a request for competitive quote/proposal or solicitation of offers. This notice is to assist the VA in determining sources only. This notice does not represent a commitment by the Government to pay for costs incurred in the preparation and submission of information or any other costs incurred as a response to this announcement. Inquiries will only be accepted in writing via email to email@example.com on or before 25 January 2021 by 09:00 am PST (Pacific Standard Time). Responses forwarded via email must be in readable format such as PDF (shall not exceed 2MB or 5 pages). Do not embed any formulas or links to help ensure electronic data can be received.