This Sources sought is issued solely for information and planning purposes only and does not constitute a solicitation. All information received in response to this notice is marked as proprietary and will be handled accordingly. In accordance with FAR 15.201(e), responses to this notice are not offers and cannot be accepted by the Government to form a binding contract. Responders are solely responsible for all expenses associated with responding to this notice. This notice is being issued in an attempt to determine the level of interest among all socioeconomic groups. Responses will assist VA planners in determining an appropriate acquisition and set-aside strategy which best fits VA requirements.
The Wilmington Veterans Affairs Medical Center (VAMC) located at 1601 Kirkwood Highway Wilmington, DE 19805-4917 is performing market research to determine if there is a sufficient number of qualified (1) Service-Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business (SDVOSB); (2) Veteran Owned Small Business (VOSB); (3) Small or emerging small business firms (SB or other); or (4) large business (LB) firms to set aside a single award contract.
The Wilmington VAMC is seeking a qualified contractor to provide lodging to Veterans or active duty service members who are undergoing a course of outpatient treatments or a period of hospitalization (designated as episodes of care) at the Wilmington VAMC. Attached is the DRAFT Statement of Work for a description of this requirement along with the estimated number of nights.
The anticipated period of performance is to start February 1, 2021 for a total of five years.
All interested firms who can meet the requirement should respond, in writing, and provide the following information:
1. Describe your interest, including your capability to provide this service. Please keep to a minimum of two pages or less.
2. Indicate which socioeconomic business category for which your hotel qualifies (see paragraph 2 above).
3. Include the full address of your location and contact information.
4. How many miles is the hotel from the Wilmington VAMC?
5. How many rooms do you have at your hotel?
6. How much notice must be provided in advance to make a reservation?
7. What is the estimated cost per room/night? What does this rate include?
8. Do you have a shuttle service that can transport veterans to the Wilmington VAMC? If so, is this service free of charge?
9. What are the hotel s amenities and are they included in the rate?
10. Are your rooms compliant with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) with accessibility to the establishment, sleeping accommodations and bath facilities including availability of handicap-accessible private bathrooms and handicap-accessible path of travel for veterans and caregivers?
11. Do you have at least two full-sized beds for single or double occupancy?
12. What is the hotel s DUNS number?
13. Is your hotel registered in the System for Award Management (SAM) https://www.sam.gov/SAM/?
Include any other information that is not covered above.
Provide the information above as well as your capability statement to the Contracting Officer (CO), Maureen Jordan via email at Maureen.Jordan@va.gov no later than 9:00 AM (Eastern Time), Monday, January 4, 2021. Include Solicitation 36C24421Q0172 Wilmington VAMC Hoptel Services in the subject line. This RFQ has been assigned and should be referenced on all correspondence regarding this announcement. Although the CO will be out of the office until January 4, 2021, please forward any questions relating to this Sources Sought Notice to the email address. Responses will be addressed upon CO s return to office.
The NAICS Code 721110 is applicable to this acquisition, with a Business Size Standard of $32.5 Million. Interested firms are reminded that in accordance with FAR 4.12, prospective contractors shall complete electronic annual representations and certifications in conjunction with FAR 4.11 required registration in the Systems for Award Management (SAM) database prior to award of a contract.