Page 3 of 3
Page 3 of 3
Page 2 of 3
Page 2 of 3
Request for Information (RFI)
DEPARTMENT OF VETERANS AFFAIRS
Office of Information & Technology
Financial Services Center
THIS IS A RFI Notice ONLY. The Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) Office of Information & Technology desires to procure Electronic Invoicing (E-Invoicing) Services.
This notice is issued solely for information and planning purposes – it does not constitute a Request for Quote (RFQ)/Invitation for Bid (IFB)/Request for Proposal (RFP) or a promise to issue an RFQ, IFB or RFP in the future. This notice does not commit the VA to contract for any supply or service. Further, the VA is not seeking quotes, bids or proposals at this time and will not accept unsolicited proposals in response to this RFI notice. The VA will not pay for any information or administrative costs incurred in response to this notice. Submittals will not be returned to the responder. Not responding to this notice does not preclude participation in any future RFQ or IFB or RFP, if any is issued. If a solicitation is released, it will be synopsized on the Governmentwide Point of Entry. It is the responsibility of potential offerors to monitor the Governmentwide Point of Entry for additional information pertaining to this requirement. The anticipated NAICS code is: 541519 Other Computer related Services.
A brief synopsis of the required services is provided below:
The Department of Veterans Affairs (VA), Office of Information & Technology (OI&T), Financial Services Center (FSC) is seeking a vendor to provide an e-invoicing service to support VA FSC commercial invoice processing and Veterans Benefits Administration (VBA) payments with Purchase Order (PO) and VBA Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment (VR&E) Authorizations sent to the service and invoice data automatically exported from the service to the existing VA FSC invoice processing system.
The e-invoicing solution supports FSC internal and external customers, where internal customers are the VA stations creating Purchase Orders/Authorization Numbers and external customers are the vendors invoicing against those Purchase Orders/Authorization Numbers. The Contractor shall provide access to a wide network of VA vendors to streamline commercial invoice processing, and can provide export, import, integration and help desk services. This PWS includes an optional task for e- invoicing support to non-VA federal customers of the FSC.
All contractor resources shall be legally authorized to work in the United States. The Contractor shall be capable of meeting the terms and conditions of a VBA Business Associate Agreement.
How to Respond:
Based on previous market research, at this time, VA does not intend to set this acquistion aside for small business concerns. However, please be advised that set-aside decisions may be made based on the information provided in response to this updated Request for Information. Responses should be as complete and informative as possible. Attached is a draft RFQ, to include the Performance Statement. In addition to determining what sources may be available, VA is also seeking feedback on the information provided in the Draft RFQ/PWS. It is requested that interested offerors respond to the following questions:
1. Provide a summary of your technical capability to meet the requirements outlined in the performance work statement (PWS), including any specific experience with similar requirements. Please include a brief explanation of how you would approach this requirement, including work sizing/process and a Rough Order of Magnitude or unofficial pricing. This should be limited to no more than 10 pages. Your capability statement shall address the capabilities listed in section 6.0 of the attached PWS and specifically address the following questions:
What size is the vendor community that you currently administer and for which you provide e-invoicing services, if applicable?
Do you have an existing enterprise reporting and spend analysis tool to evaluate data relating to electronic purchase orders and the payment of electronic invoices? If so, please share relevant information regarding the tool.
With which accounting software is your system compatible?Ã‚Â Can your system directly integrate with all commercial accounting systems and export the required invoice data?
What is included in your standard customer/technical support (hours, location of support, phone, online, escalation of major issues, etc)
Please provide a detailed timeline defining the necessary steps to assume the e-invoicing responsibilities for 35,000 vendors. This timeline should include a projected timeframe from date of award for all services to be up and running (e.g., 12 months from date of award). The current contract for these services has a final option period that, if exercised, would expire on 10/31/2022. The Period of Performance (PoP) is expected to be 12 months with 4 12-month option periods. However, if a new product is being proposed, VA will consider available options to adjust the Period of Performance based on required transition timeframe for a new vendor.
2. Regarding the Performance Work Statement (PWS); Is there enough information in the PWS to provide a proposal? If no, what additional information would be helpful? Please provide any questions, recommendations, or other feedback you may have in regards to this requirement. Please be specific and reference specific sections of the PWS, if applicable.
3. Please provide feedback or questions on the draft Price Schedule, if applicable.
4. Please provide feedback or questions on the draft Instructions to Offerors per FAR 52.212-1 and/or the Evaluation procedures per 52.212-2 of the draft RFP.
5. Based on previous market research, VA intends to issue the RFQ on an open market basis. However, if available, please provide any existing contract vehicles (GSA FSS, GWAC, etc) you currently hold for which this requirement would be within scope.
6. Please provide the following: Name of the firm, point of contact, phone number, email address, DUNS number, CAGE code, a statement regarding small business status (including small business type (s)/certifications(s) such as SDB, 8(a), HUBZone, SDVOSB, WOSB, etc.) under the corresponding NAICS code.
Small businesses should also include information as to:
1) The intent and ability to meet set-aside requirements for performance of this effort, if applicable
2) Information as to proposed teaming arrangements, the percentage of work each is to perform and which requirements are planned to be subcontracted, if applicable
3) In accordance with FAR 52.219-14, Limitations on Subcontracting, indicate whether at least 50% of the cost of labor is planned to be expended for prime employees or employees of other eligible firms. This should also include the prime planned percentage and if under 50%, the names of the potential team members that may be used to fulfill the 50% concern requirement.
Please submit responses via email to Tommy.Haire@va.gov by January 22, 2021 1:00 PM EST. VA reserves the right not to respond to any or all emails or materials submitted.