We appreciate you sharing this information with your community and stakeholders. Here’s some text you can use in an email.
WE’RE LOOKING FOR THE MAKERS OF TOMORROW AND GIVING THEM $40,000 STEM SCHOLARSHIPS
Edison Scholars recognizes students that want to be makers of tomorrow – the dreamers, inventors, guardians and pioneers – those that dare to be great.
Each year, we award $40,000 scholarships to 30 high school seniors who want to make a difference in the world by studying science, technology, engineering or math (STEM) in college.
From preventing greenhouse gas emissions to increasing access to clean energy in underserved communities, real issues need bright ideas to create change. This is a chance for students to stand up, advance their education, and be part of the solution.
Application period: Oct. 1 – Dec. 14, 2020
- Students must live in Southern California Edison’s service territory.
- Must be a high school senior with at least a cumulative 3.0 GPA
- Plan to pursue studies in eligible STEM fields at a four-year accredited college or university
- Show financial need
Learn more at edisonscholars.com.
Here are a few tweets to share with photos. Don’t forget to use #EdisonScholars when possible.
Each year, we award 30 students with $40,000 #STEM scholarships to support their dreams and create a better tomorrow. Applications for the 2021 #EdisonScholars program are now open. Apply today. edisonscholars.com
Know a high school senior with a passion for #STEM? Tell them about the #EdisonScholars $40K scholarship: edisonscholars.com
Our #EdisonScholars program was created to recognize the makers of tomorrow. If you’re a high school senior planning to study a #STEM related field in college, apply today for a chance to receive a $40,000 scholarship to support your educational goals. edisonscholars.com
The application period for our #EdisonScholars program is now open! For more information, please visit: edisonscholars.com.
Calling all makers of tomorrow! #EdisonScholars $40k STEM scholarships help students make a difference in the world. edisonscholars.com
Here are some additional resources to help you promote.
- Edison Scholars page: scholar stories, application link, eligibility requirements
- Energized story on 2020 Edison Scholars (includes 1:10 video link)
- Edison Scholars was created to recognize the makers of tomorrow – students with big dreams to help power the future.
- We believe in you and want to help you succeed in college so you can make a difference in the world.
- As a next-generation energy company, STEM is our business. It’s everything we need not only to keep the lights on, but to provide the energy for what’s ahead.
- Each year, the Edison Scholars program awards $40,000 STEM scholarships to 30 high school seniors who live in Southern California Edison’s service territory.
- Students from underserved communities, ethnic minorities and first-generation college students are encouraged to apply.
- Students can apply and get additional eligibility information at https://learnmore.scholarsapply.org/edisonscholars. Submission deadline is December 14, 2020.
- Dependents of Edison International and SCE employees or retirees are not eligible for the Edison Scholars program.
- Since 2006, Edison International has awarded more than $11 million in scholarships to 670 students through the Edison Scholars program.
- Edison Scholars is funded entirely by shareholder dollars, not rate payer dollars.
- The Edison Scholars Program is administered by Scholarship America, an independent philanthropic organization that manages corporate scholarship programs.